- Articles for the more popular and "star" players of the league need to be expanded, have citations added to them and hopefully we can get some GA's out of them.
- All articles on active players and coaches need to be updated with stats, news, and all things important. (Note: For stats it's best to use ArenaFan.)
- Also, we NEED to get things done so we can take them off of the to do list.
- Project members are currently working to decide on a roster template to use on all arena football team pages.
- The infobox that is for af2 players only is completed and working well. If anyone notices that colors are not correct, please find the hex code for the proper colors and let me (Crash Underride) know. I have currently place in the closest colors I could find.
- It has been confirmed that Pittsburgh is a strong candidate for a new Arena Football League team, along with Boston and South Florida, although there is no timeline on the league's expansion.
- The Intense Football League merged with the United Indoor Football to for the "new" IFL, the Indoor Football League, and announced that they plan too surpass af2.
- Chavis McCollister returned three straight kick-off returns for a touchdown on Saturday night (August 2, 2008) against the Lubbock Renegades. The Bossier-Shreveport Battle Wings have said that it's the first time a player has done this in Arena Football and af2 history.
- The Spokane Shock and the Tennessee Valley Vipers competed for the ArenaCup on August 25, 2008. The Vipers defeated the Shock by a score of 56-55, in overtime. Congratulations go out to the players, staff, and families, for a great season.
- Mike Bawden and Friday Night Football Inc. transferred majority ownership of the Quad City Steamwheelers to Alan Millage and Joe Sisler and A&J Football Inc.
This Month in Football History
- On September 1, 1996 the Carolina Panthers beat the Atlanta Falcons 29-6 in their first regular season game at Ericsson Stadium.
- On September 2, 1966 Joe Auer returns the opening kickoff 95 yards for a Miami Dolphins touchdown in the Dolphins' first regular-season game, but Oakland wins the game, 23-14 at the Orange Bowl before 26,776 spectators.
- On September 3, 1970 the sports world lost Vince Lombardi who died at age 57.
- On September 4, 1994 Miami Dolphins quarterback Dan Marino throws five touchdown passes in the Dolphins' 39-35 win over New England to set an NFL record with his 18th game of four-or-more touchdown passes.
- On September 5, 1994 San Francisco wide receiver Jerry Rice caught two touchdown passes and ran for another in a 44-14 victory over the Raiders to surpass Jim Brown as the NFL's career touchdowns leader with 127.
- On September 6, 1946 the All-America Football Conference begins regular season play as the Cleveland Browns beat the Miami Seahawks 44-0 in front of 60,135 at Cleveland's Municipal Stadium. The Browns, coached by future Hall of Famer Paul Brown, go on to a 12-2 record and win the first of their four AAFC championships before four of the league's teams join the NFL in 1950.
Arena Football League Article Stats
- Our goal is to get the number of Stub-Class articles down to 0, in due time. The current article count is listed below, I have placed the forumla that is on the project page that is updated everytime the bot is run and it tallies up our articles and where they are and lists them as seen below, so that no one has to worry about making sure it's updated manually before the newsletter is sent out. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help expand and/or source an article or two. A list is provided in the stub-class category of stub articles that need to be improved, and some should be fairly easy.
Collaboration of the Week
- The article collaboration is currently suspended until we obtain more members who are active in the project.
- Please help to improve these articles to match the quality of an ideal Wikipedia American football related article.
Cast your vote to select the collaboration for next month! — Nominate an article that could be greatly improved!
- The next articles for collaboration will be chosen once we have a sufficient number of active project members.
Articles for Deletion
From the Editors
Contributors to this Issue:
Discussion • Suggestions • Feedback