Table of contents
- Project news
- Immediate work needed
- Usual needs crap that doesn't get done
- Newsletter news
- Current events
- Judge Pun-tastic
- Firecats tuck tail and run?
- No more monopoly?
- AFL players selected by UFL
- Break in the Fever?
- Arena Football League Article Stats
Usual needs crap that doesn't get done
- Articles for the more popular and "star" players of the league need to be expanded, have citations added to them and hopefully we can get some GA's out of them.
- All articles on active players and coaches need to be updated with stats, news, and all things important. (Note: For stats it's best to use ArenaFan.)
- Please help in re-assessing articles, as well as expanding them. We need to get to work on it and get as much done as possible.
- Source(s): ArenaFan.com, ArenaFootball.com, af2.com
- In a humorous twist, U.S. District Judge Michael M. Baylson included four Bon Jovi song references and three football terms into the opening paragraphs of his 29-page opinion on AFL Philadelphia v. Krause, the lawsuit filed by former Sales manager Joseph Krause Jr.
Firecats tuck tail and run?
- The Florida Firecats, whos lease with Germain Arena expires at the end of this season, may relocate. According to Firecats Chairman and principal owner Andrew Vallozzi, the team has received offers for a place to play in 2010 from several "major markets" .
No more monopoly?
- On June 9, a Northern California judge allowed a class-action lawsuit against video game giant EA Sports to contiue. The suit claims that EA Sports "has and continues to engage in 'blatantly anticompetitive conduct' since 2004". And as the judge said in his ruling, "'As the court understands these allegations, interactive football software will not sell if it does not use the names, logos and other markers of teams that actually compete in the NFL. There is, in effect, no market for interactive football software in a virtual or fictitious setting. If true--as the court must at this point accept--this adequately alleges that there are no substitutes for interactive football software without the markers of actual teams and players.'"
AFL players selected by UFL
- No, it's not an new indoor sports version of the popular card game, sorry. However, on June 24, it was announced that the 2009 ArenaCup X would be held in Las Vegas, Nevada at the Orleans Arena, the former home of the Las Vegas (now Cleveland Gladiators). It's the fourth time in the last five seasons that the af2 has held a neutral-site ArenaCup.
Break in the Fever?
- Source(s): ArenaFootball.com Transactions, ArenaFan.com Transactions, af2 Transactions - Transactions News
Notable af2 transactions
Arena Football League Article Stats
- Our goal is to get the number of Stub-Class articles down to 0, in due time. The current article count is listed below, I have placed the forumla that is on the project page that is updated everytime the bot is run and it tallies up our articles and where they are and lists them as seen below, so that no one has to worry about making sure it's updated manually before the newsletter is sent out. It would be greatly appreciated if anyone could help expand and/or source an article or two. A list is provided in the stub-class category of stub articles that need to be improved, and some should be fairly easy.
Articles needing immediate attention
Articles for Deletion
New/Improved AFL Articles
From the Editors
Contributors to this Issue:
Discussion • Suggestions • Feedback