Wikipedia:WikiProject Arthropods/Article requests
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Order Laurida
- Order Dendrogastrida
- Order Pygophora
- Order Cephalobaenida
- Order Porocephalida
- Order Reighardiida
- Genus Aphotocenter
- Order Kentrogonida
- Genus Heterosaccus
- Acraga Coa or Jewel Caterpillar. I couldn't find so much information yet, but there are pictures and detailed articles upon searching for "Jewel caterpillar" on Google
- Cataglyphis iberica - desert ant
- Cecidomyia viticola or Grape Tube Gallmaker. Creates interesting spikes which contain the larvae, on grape vine leaves
- Idea hypermnestra, a tree-nymph butterfly. I can only find its scientific name, but pictures and brief articles can be found on Google. They are of the family Nymphalidae, the brush-footed butterflies or four-legged butterflies. Some subspecies include I.H. Belia, I.H. Linteata and I.H. Hera (found on Google). I.H. Belia lives in Java, I.H. Linteata in Malysia and I.H. Hera in Deli, Sumatra.
- Species in the family of Asilidae. The data can be refered at List of Asilidae species. You can find the excel file there. I created all species in vi.wikipedia, but I am not familiar to this work in en. Thank you in advance.
- See also: Missing encyclopedic articles about Coleoptera (by scientific names)
Peanut Beetle (Palembus dermestoides)
- See also: Missing encyclopedic articles about Hymenoptera (by scientific names)
For help on how to write about lepidoptera, see WikiProject Lepidoptera.
- See also: Missing encyclopedic articles about Lepidoptera (by scientific names)
- See also: Missing encyclopedic articles about Odonata (by scientific names)
- Alpine Emerald (Somatochlora alpestris )
- Northern White-faced Darter (Leucorrhinia rubicunda )
- Subarctic Hawker (Aeshna subarctica )
- Two-spotted Dragonfly (Epitheca bimaculata )
- See also: Missing encyclopedic articles about Orthoptera (by scientific names)
- Chorthippus vagans (heath grasshopper )
- Conocephalus dorsalis (short-winged conehead )
- Metrioptera brachyptera (bog bush-cricket )
- Myrmeleotettix maculatus (mottled grasshopper )
- Platycleis albopunctata (grey bush-cricket )
- Pseudomogoplistes vicentae (scaly cricket )
- Stenobothrus lineatus (stripe-winged grasshopper )
- Stethophyma grossum (large marsh grasshopper )
- Tetrix subulata (slender groundhopper , common groundhopper )
- Tropidacris cristata (giant grasshopper )
- Wood cricket several spp. of genus Gryllus
- Arulenus miae 
For help on how to write about spiders, see WikiProject Spiders.
- See also: Missing encyclopedic articles about Arachnida (by scientific names)
- Brachypelma ruhnaui (Is it a Synonyms of Mexican golden red rump tarantula?)
- Dermatophagoides farinae (House dust mite is a mess)
- Dermatophagoides microceras
- Dermatophagoides pteronyssinus (House dust mite is a mess)
- Pepper tick
Lots of taxonomy to cover, from the order to the species level.
- See red links at List of millipede families
- Extinct orders
- Menanotum - part of bee's body ((I specialize in bees and I'm pretty sure this is supposed to be Metanotum--please let me know if not M. A. Broussard (talk) 22:11, 14 January 2016 (UTC)))
- Mimicry in insects (see e.g. Rettenmeyer (1970))
- Skejo, Josip; Caballero, Joy Honezza S. (21 January 2016). "A hidden pygmy devil from the Philippines: Arulenus miae sp. nov. —a new species serendipitously discovered in an amateur Facebook post (Tetrigidae: Discotettiginae)". Zootaxa. 4067 (3): 393. doi:10.11646/zootaxa.4067.3.7.
- Carl W. Rettenmeyer (1970). "Insect mimicry". Annual Review of Entomology. 15: 43–74. doi:10.1146/annurev.en.15.010170.000355.