Please feel free to add your name and a link to your image gallery to this list if you would like to join the project.
- Bidgee (talk · contribs) — From the Riverina but living in Darwin, Northern Territory ATM Commons images Wikipedia images.
- Diliff (talk · contribs) — From Melbourne but living in London at the moment. Have got a number of photos in the archives though. Would like to see more SVG maps of Australia and its States. Am interested in tracing some maps from Google Earth or something along those lines, although it is pretty time consuming.
- Gnangarra (talk · contribs) — Commons Gallery , within ~150km Perth
- LiquidGhoul (talk · contribs) — Newcastle and Gloucester region.
- MagpieShooter (talk · contribs). Have done a fair few maps alread, with three quarters done on Adobe Illustrator. Saving AI files as SVG isn't working for me so all of mine are in PNG format. If anyone can or wants to try to rectify the problem, contact me.
- Mattinbgn (talk · contribs) — Riverina, northern Victoria. See commons:User:Mattinbgn for images to date.
- Peterdownunder (talk · contribs) Have added a few new photos of recent trip from Victoria up to Innaminkca and back, but still more to add. Based in Central Victoria. Interests are mainly history based. Will be collecting Ned Kelly based photos and places in January 09. See my collection commons:User:Peterdownunder for images added so far.
- Sardaka (talk · contribs). Have shots of all states of Australia. Also Gallery of Sydney Architecture
- John Vandenberg (talk · contribs) Northern NSW and SEQ
- 99of9 (talk · contribs) Sydney region.
The photography department aims to assemble a collection of high-quality photographs for use in Australia articles; both through obtaining existing public domain photographs or by uploading your own works.
The cartography department aims to assemble a collection of high-quality maps for use in Australia articles; both through obtaining existing public domain or free-license maps, and by creating new ones as needed.
- Add requests for maps here!
- A map of Sydney Harbour with Sydney's ferry routes drawn on it (and all wharves included), for the purposes of the Sydney Ferries article. Given the Parramatta River is quite long, I don't know quite how this would work, but if anyone could give it a try that would be great. (JROBBO 05:03, 20 October 2006 (UTC))
- Is there a way of making the Australian cities locator map a little clearer? Particularly in the case of Melbourne, it's difficult to see the red dot. Would a location in the state-type image for the infobox be difficult to do? Leon 00:40, 18 January 2007 (UTC)
- Here's the situation: In the images, the coordinates and the image display are independent. As a result, if I have image zoom (a Firefox extension) set at any value other than 100%, the red dots are in the wrong places. :-( --orlady 00:21, 22 July 2007 (UTC)
- Anyone living around the Maitland area? There was an incident that occurred in 1888, where the captain Robert Seddon of the English rugby union team drowned in the Hunter River. It was reported at the time, that a monument was erected. From this report it appears that it was erected at St Paul's Anglican church. This page notes that the British Lions touring team regularly visits the memorial when they tour Australia. A photo of the memorial tablet would be a great addition to this article. Thankyou. It is possible that there is also a second memorial stone in the town, as this article (printed before the earlier one above) eludes to. SauliH (talk) 14:32, 9 August 2010 (UTC)
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Australia.
Please list sites that may contain usable photographs or maps in this section.