Wikipedia:WikiProject Birds/Article requests/Others
Individual pages requested
- Antipredator defenses in birds (see Tim Caro's Antipredator defenses in birds and mammals) (encyclopedic topic?)
- Something about adaptation to life at high altitude
- Avian incubation -Denis Charles Deeming (2002) Avian Incubation: Behaviour, Environment, and Evolution.
- Bird behaviour
- Bird flight altitudes: Which birds fly the highest and what is the highest altitude a bird can fly to? - Add in Bird flight as part of general technical data section?
- Bird identification - to Birding?
- Bird race - meaning?
C: Bird call recordings, especially raven vs. crow
- Eye pinning (or Eye flaring) - the behaviour, particularly common in parrots, of rapidly contracting and relaxing the iris of the eye (varying the pupil size dramatically) for display purposes
- Infanticide and siblicide in birds - (See Hrdy and Hausfater, 1984) probably merge egg tossing into it. Richard001 (talk) 06:35, 21 April 2008 (UTC)
- No, since that is done by brood parasites.
- Owls as pets - a reasonable article could probably be written about this. --Kurt Shaped Box (talk) 22:08, 1 July 2011 (UTC)
- Owls of North America
- Pigeon predators - - add in Pigeon as part of general discussion of ecology & habits?
- Preen - currently a dab. Separate article may not be needed, if much more about preening is added to the feather article. Snowman (talk) 14:50, 21 November 2010 (UTC)
- Psittacins/Psittacofulvins − the family of pigments responsible for the red/orange/yellow colouration in the Psittaciformes --Kurt Shaped Box (talk) 00:45, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
- Sperm competition in birds (a whole book has been written on this: Sperm competition in birds : evolutionary causes and consequences by T. R. Birkhead, A. P. Møller (encyclopedic topic?)
- Tape lure - And that means....? KDS4444Talk 22:06, 13 August 2014 (UTC)
- Tail feathers - we have an article on flight feathers, and "bird wing" redirects to bird flight, but the tail feathers are very different and seem to warrant their own article, esp. as there appear to be several distinct types (wedge, stub, streamer, etc.). See here and here for two starter references. KDS4444Talk 22:02, 13 August 2014 (UTC)
- Toucans as pets - seem to be growing in popularity as pets, from what I've read. Maybe enough info out there to create a centralized article? Or perhaps at Companion toucan? --Kurt Shaped Box (talk) 07:45, 4 August 2011 (UTC)
List requests and expansion requests
- List of birds by flight duration and by flight length like the List of birds by flight speed - Tedtoal (talk) 16:20, 29 November 2013 (UTC)
- List of pigeon breeds, especially those mentioned in the first chapter of Charles Darwin's The Origin of Species.
- List of years in birding and ornithology
- Bioacoustics - I would like to ask somebody knowledgeable to expand this article with general info about bird vocalization research. My field is insect bioacoustics, so the article is a little biased towards that. --Yerpo (talk) 07:58, 20 January 2009 (UTC)