Wikipedia:WikiProject Chemical and Bio Engineering
|This WikiProject is believed to be inactive.
If you are not currently a member of the project, please consider joining it to help. This status may be changed if activity resumes, or if this banner has been changed in error.
Some Wikipedians have formed a project to better organize information in articles related to chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, biochemical engineering, and bioengineering. This page and its subpages contain their suggestions; it is hoped that this project will help to focus the efforts of other Wikipedians. If you would like to help, please inquire on the talk page and see the to-do list there.
The scope of the Chemical and Bio Engineering project will cover all articles covering chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, biochemical engineering, bioengineering, and the related allied technologies.
|Chemistry||Biology||Engineering||Differential equations||Chemical plant|
Top 16 core articles
The following is an approximate list showing the top articles or subjects of study in the fields of chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, biochemical engineering, and bioengineering. Please add to this list if you know of a core article or topic:
Top 16 core biographies
The following is an approximate list showing the top biographies of people in the fields of chemical engineering, biomedical engineering, biochemical engineering, and bioengineering. Please add to this list if you know of a core biography:
|#||Chemical engineering||Biomedical engineering||Biochemical engineering||Bioengineering|
|1||Osborne Reynolds (1842-1912)||Y. C. Fung (1919-)||Jay Bailey(1944-2001)||Add|
|2||Rudolf Clausius (1822-1888)||Robert Langer (1948-)||Add||Add|
|3||Willard Gibbs (1839-1903)||Otto Schmitt (1913-1998)||Add||Add|
|4||Warren Lewis (1882-1975)||Bonnie Dunbar (1949-)||Add||Add|
|5||Thomas Sherwood (1903-1976)||Jim Collins (1965-)||Add||Add|
|6||Trevor Kletz (1922-2013)||John Wikswo (1949-)||Add||Add|
|7||Gilbert N. Lewis (1875-1946)||Norman J. Holter (1914-1983)||Add||Add|
|8||Sadi Carnot (1796-1832)||Add||Add||Add|
|9||Daniel Bernoulli (1700-1782)||Add||Add||Add|
|10||Carl Bosch (1874-1940)||Add||Add||Add|
|11||Vladimir Shukhov (1853-1939)||Add||Add||Add|
|12||Raghunath Anant Mashelkar (1943- )||Add||Add||Add|
|13||Johann Rudolf Glauber (1604-1670)||Add||Add||Add|
|14||Leonid Andrussow (1896-1988)||Add||Add||Add|
|15||Arnold O. Beckman (1900-2004)||Add||Add||Add|
|16||Mae Jemison (1956- )||Add||Add||Add|
The following is a list of Wikipedians interested in contributing to chemical engineering, bioengineering, biochemical engineering, or biomedical engineering, etc., related articles. Please feel free to add your name to the list in alphabetical order, and to indicate any areas of particular interest:
- Beetstra (talk · contribs) - Chemistry, If I catch the spirit: trying to keep (or get) general chemistry subjects to a level where they are understandable for an as wide as possible range of public.
- Charlesreid1 (talk · contribs) - Chemical engineer, computational fluid dynamics, turbulence models, turbulent reacting flow models, multiphase flow models, probability methods
- Claush66 (talk · contribs) - Energy engineer (ChE+ME). Expert in combustion, gasification and energy cycles.
- Daniele Pugliesi (talk · contribs) - Chemical engineering
- Eclo_gued (talk · contribs) - Biomedical Engineer, specialization in medical instruments and medical safety
- HRouillier (talk · contribs) - Fledgling chemical and controls engineer eager to help out.
- ike9898 (talk · contribs) - biochemical engineer engaged in research
- interestingese (talk · contribs) - Chemical Engineering Student
- khamar (talk · contribs) - Chemist and Plant Manager with expertise in Process Safety Management
- rudolf.hellmuth (talk · contribs) - Biomedical Engineer, doing biochemistry reactions in CFD.
- Shoy (talk · contribs) - Chemical engineering student (University of Louisville), chemical engineer.
- Thewellman (talk · contribs) - Environmental engineer, aquatic biochemistry
- Vortexrealm (talk · contribs) - Waste manager, anaerobic digestion specialist and Chartered Environmentalist.
- Vramasub (talk · contribs) - Chemical Engineering Undergraduate Student
- Wikiwayman (talk · contribs) - Biochemical engineer; working in pharma manufacturing and water treatment
- Xenomancer (talk · contribs) - Chemical engineer and chemist
This is a list of people who are members of the project but haven't edited Wikipedia for a year. If you find your name on this list, feel free to move it back to the list of active participants when you return to editing.
- Improve Wikipedia's coverage of Chemical and Bio Engineering
- Provide reliable information on Chemical and Bio Engineering
- URGENT: Enlist new members!!! (Upgraded to EMERGENCY on 26 November 2006)
Does anybody want to use their charm to enlist these guys? :(all chemical engineers invited on their talk pages Biomedeng 04:33, 26 November 2006 (UTC))
- Category:Wikipedian chemical engineers
- Searching userpages for either chemical or bio/biomedical engineering generates thousands of users who identify with these degrees/research areas. Can a more experienced user use a bot to place invites on these users' talk pages?
- Apply WikiProject template on relevant articles
Create a WikiProject category so that we can track the articles we have tagged
- Go back and change old wikiproject tags to the new template so that we can track the tagged articles using the project category
- Clarify the differences between Biomedical Engineering and Bioengineering
- Discussion about rankings in article content
- External link clean up
- A lot of pages are littered with external links to various universities, lab groups, companies and research centers. In general, these are link spam or they go against Wikipedia not being a link farm or directory. These should be cleaned up. If they contain good information, they should be used as references within the article instead of being bare links at the bottom of the page. The Bioinformatics article and the Biomedical engineering article have running discussions about how to handle this on their talk pages. -Cquan 23:12, 16 March 2007 (UTC)
- Shouldn't there be an entry such as "exhaust air treatment"? So far, there only seems to be an entry on air purification which refers to air purification in residential homes and in rooms.
The logo for the Chemical and Bio Engineering project is [[Image:Chembioeng.PNG|100px]]:
The talk-page template (which should be added to the talk page of any chemical or bio engineering-related article) is:
|WikiProject Chemical and Bio Engineering||(Rated Project-class)|
This template will also categorize the articles into the new wikiproject category I created; this way we can keep track of all the articles in the project. Please feel free to revise the template as needed.
- Category:WikiProject Chemical and Bio Engineering
- Category:Chemical engineering
- Category:Biomedical engineering