- Project news
- The offseason is here, but that doesn't mean there isn't work to be done. National Signing Day has concluded, and a raft of new players are preparing for the season.
- Two college football-related featured article candidates have been proposed: 2008 ACC Championship Game and 2008 Humanitarian Bowl need your comments, questions, and criticism to become featured articles.
- A backlog of college football good article nominees is developing. Six college football articles: Darren McFadden, 1998 Gator Bowl, Mark Sanchez, 1954 Orange Bowl, Thom Darden, and Keith Bostic (American football) need to be reviewed for Good Article quality.
- A lengthy discussion about the use of team logos in different articles is under way, and your help and comments are requested. Because the argument has gotten heated at times, editors are reminded to stay civil and respect other viewpoints, even if you may disagree with them. An excellent overview about Wikipedia's rules for non-free images can be found here.
- It's never too early to start thinking about spring football! Be sure to carry a camera and get pictures of players, teams, stadiums, and all the action and pageantry of college football. An excellent guide to taking pictures for WP:CFB can be found at Wikipedia:WikiProject College football/Images. Even if you don't think a photo can be immediately used for an article, try uploading it to Wikimedia Commons so future article authors can use it.
- The College Football Portal needs to be updated with featured articles and pictures. Do you have a great picture that illustrates the best of college football? Consider adding it to the featured image queue on the portal.
- From JKBrooks85
Welcome to the latest issue of the College football WikiProject newsletter! I hope that you're enjoying regular updates about the goings on of college football on Wikipedia, but if not, feel free to add your name to the "no delivery" section on the newsletter signup page.
I encourage everyone to make regular visits to the College Football Portal and perhaps make it your Wikipedia entry page instead of using the Main Page as your gateway. Nominations for selected articles and pictures are always welcome, and can serve as a great way to show off that new article you just shepherded to Good Article status or the great picture you took the last time you were at a game.
Comments and suggestions on improving the newsletter are always welcome, and help me improve it on a monthly basis. Keep contributing and editing, and don't hesitate to contact me or post on the College Football Wikiproject talk page if you need help or just want someone to look over your article.