|This is WikiProject Comics, a collaboration area for Wikipedians interested in improving coverage of Comics. New participants are welcome; please feel free to participate!
Welcome to WikiProject Comics, a project formed by Wikipedians to increase, expand, improve, and better organize articles related to comics in Wikipedia, the largest encyclopedia in the world. We rely on comics enthusiasts worldwide to make this the best comics encyclopaedia on the web. If you are interested in participating, why not see how you can get involved.
The scope of WikiProject Comics is improve the vast expanse of knowledge that comics have become. This WikiProject will attempt to cover all comics-related information included on Wikipedia. We will do this through volunteer contributors and editors. If you are interested in joining the WikiProject, please feel free to add your name to the Participants list below, and find yourself an article to adopt.
The project aims primarily to:
- Provide a forum to discuss the editing and organization of comics-related articles.
- Promote collaboration toward the development of comics-related articles into authoritative, high-quality material.
- Create a standard for the interpretation of copyright and fair use as it applies to the comic book articles (see Wikipedia's comics-related view on copyright material for more information).
- Maintain the portal.
WikiProject Comics now has over 600 participants! See Wikipedia:WikiProject Comics/Participants for the full list.
How to join
Add yourself to the list of members by going to the list here.
Once you've done that, you can also place Template:User WP Comics on your user page; this displays one of the following userboxes:
This templates will add your user page to Category:WikiProject Comics participants.
Finally, please add the project page to watchlist.
Talking to other participants
You can use the project's talk page to talk to other members.
WikiProject Comics userbox templates
Please see Wikipedia:Userboxes/Media/Comics for other comics userbox templates.
- Getting Involved – A good place to start. Learn more about how you can be a part of this WikiProject.
- General discussion forum – Post your questions, comments, and concerns to this helpful and friendly talk page. This is the central page to visit for general discussion of the project. You can see what other editors are working on, ask questions, and keep track of the project's progress.
- The Notice Board keeps editors apprised of comics articles whose talk pages are involved in ongoing debates; merge, move, and delete proposals involving WikiProject articles; and other discussions of interest. Editors of articles can also announce new articles and projects and request comment from uninvolved editors. Updating help is also always needed and appreciated.
- Manual of Style (comics) explains proper grammar and formatting for comics articles.
- Exemplars shows the standard format for comics-related articles, and gives some examples of accepted article structure.
- Naming conventions describes the best ways to name new articles.
- References – This page lists some comics-related references to aid in sourcing your edits of comics-related articles.
- WikiProject Comics Templates make constructing and editing a comics article easier.
- Copyright (important) informs editors which images are appropriate for uploading and use in comics articles and how best to use them. WikiProject Comics has policies on copyright for Wikipedia comics articles either based on our consensus interpretation of Wikipedia:Fair use or agreements made with individual publishers. Unless stated otherwise, these are based on the interpretation of United States copyright law.
- 4.6% List-Class
- 21.7% Stub-Class
- 51.4% Start-Class
- 15.8% C-Class
- 2.4% B-Class
- 1.8% GA-Class
- 0.3% FA-Class
- 1.9% remaining
|Comics articles by quality and importance|
|WikiWork factors (?)||ω = 101,433||Ω = 4.94|
- See Wikipedia:WikiProject Comics/Outstanding content for more information, including current and former candidates.
Articles categorised by assessment
- See Wikipedia:WikiProject Comics/Assessment for more information.
There are currently 60 comics-related articles which are featured articles, meaning they belong to the best articles of the entire Wikipedia. The articles can be found at Category:FA-Class Comics articles and are listed below. Dates refer to the date when the article was the Wikipedia Main Page article.