Wikipedia:WikiProject Council/Proposals/Mass Effect
- List of important pages and categories for this proposed group
- (number of pages in the category: 20 )
- List of WikiProjects currently on the talk pages of those articles
- Please invite these and any other similar groups to join the discussion about this proposal. See Wikipedia:WikiProject_Council/Directory to find similar WikiProjects.
- Why do you want to start a new group, instead of joining one of these existing groups?
- Mass Effect goes beyond just the video game franchise. It also encompasses books, comics, and films.
Also, specify whether or not you would join the project.
Mass Effect, while it's got a lot of articles, does have little enough that a full WikiProject is a bit weird. It's also a bit redundant to the BioWare task force, but given that the task force is pretty much dead (frankly, was it ever alive?), that's not so much an issue; if you wanted to instead try and revive the task force, though, I'd gladly pitch in and try to help. As for Mass Effect going outside the video game franchise, that's a fair point. If that's your only opposition to just making it a task force, may I suggest WP:SCIFI? The series as a whole can probably be considered sci-fi, no matter the medium; it's got aliens and everything. – Bellum (talk) (contribs) 23:39, 24 February 2013 (UTC)
- Agree with Bellum - reviving the existing task force might be a better idea. It has a larger scope and seems to me to have the prospect of a longer life--Cailil talk 20:27, 2 July 2013 (UTC)
- Propose to be marked as not done: After four years only a single editor has expressed an interest in this project. It may be possible for this editor to assist in another related project, this has been noted already. There is no clear need for this project, which has such a limited scope it is unclear whether it would ever had any chance of being viable. Dysklyver 13:48, 13 October 2017 (UTC)