From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Need to ask someone who has the sample spreadsheet to email it, excel can't be uploaded on commons. eg YellowMonkey, who has emailed it to Sarastro1
- Sample per the five-innings average in Ernie Toshack with the Australian cricket team in England in 1948 and other season forks of bios
- Per ten-innings average in Douglas Jardine among many other standard biographies
- Can be used for Tests, ODI, Twenty20, FC, anything
- Open up to the datasheet page as an example
- First column is year of the innings, or month in the case of a season
- Second column for runs in innings
- 3rd col mark 1 if not out.
- 4th col is total runs for last 10/5 innings as desired for running average
- 5th col is total outs for last 10/5 innings per above, using the sum function of 10 or 5 subtract the sum of ones in the not out column
- 6th col is divide to get running average of last 10/5 innings
My old excel computer doesn't work at the moment, so can't write down the graph technique for it
New excel (2009 onwards)
- Select the whole data area and click on the chart icon and select 2D column. There will be multicolumns everywhere. It's auto so you can't butt in immediately
- Right click on graph and go to "select data"
- The horizontal axis labels are by default 1 2 3 etc, so click on edit and then drag down the year column, to switch it to years
- Then delete the data series for not out, year, total runs, total outs, keeping only runs and average
- Right click on x-axis and "format axis" and then "alignment" on the LHS and then rotate the text by 270 degrees
- Because the chart thing is rigid to begin with, both the runs and average are shown as bars.
- Right click on the average data series and select "change series chart type" and switch to line with no data points.
- Colour in columns with red by "format data series" and "fill" red. For the line, use "line color" blue
- Insert text box and type in title
- Copy the chart to Paint, and then using the paintbrush, add appropriately colored blue circular dots of the same tint above the not outs
- Save as PNG
- Note: Adjust colour as desired, eg in a season's graph, red bars for Test innings and pink for FC