WikiProject East Timor
We are a WikiProject, a group of registered Wikipedians, who try to improve articles related to East Timor and the people's culture of Southeast Asia. Please feel free to join our WikiProject by posting your name in the participants and participating at your own pace.
What is WikiProject? Wikipedia:WikiProjects, What is WikiProject best practices? Wikipedia:WikiProject best practices.
What is East Timor?
East Timor, also known as Timor-Leste (officially the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste) is a country in Southeast Asia. It's official languages are Tetum and Portuguese. East Timor was colonized by Portugal in the 16th century, and was known as Portuguese Timor until Portugal's decolonization of the country. In late 1975 East Timor declared its independence but was invaded and occupied by Indonesia later that year, and declared that country's 27th province the following year. In 1999, following the United Nations-sponsored act of self-determination, Indonesia relinquished control of the territory and East Timor became the first new sovereign state of the twenty-first century on May 20, 2002.more..
- To standardize the East Timor related articles in Wikipedia.
- To improve Wikipedia coverage of East Timor related articles by adding, expanding and improving East Timor related articles.
- To serve as a central point of discussion for issues related to East Timor related articles.
This group includes within its scope all articles related to East Timor, its cities, geography, transportation, culture, history and so on. It aims to expand Wikipedia's resources on East Timor in a fair and accurate manner. All of these articles should be contained within the Category:East Timor or one of its subcategories.
This list is generated automatically every night around 10 PM EST.
Wikipedia:Version 1.0 Editorial Team/East Timor work group articles by quality statistics
Did You Know (DYK)s
Correios De Timor-Leste
Anyone can award a barnstar! You don't need to be an admin, and neither the giver nor the recipient needs to be from the country. So if you see someone helping this Wikiproject, place the following on their wall:
The traditional BoNM from German Wikiproject Osttimor. Maybe you like it, too.
- Main tool page: toolserver.org
- Reflinks - Edits bare references - adds title/dates etc. to bare references
- Checklinks - Edit and repair external links
- Dab solver - Quickly resolve ambiguous links.
- Peer reviewer - Provides hints and suggestion to improving articles.