Wikipedia:WikiProject Film/Coordinators/Election 1
|This WikiProject Film page is an archive, log collection, or currently inactive page; it is kept primarily for historical interest.|
- 1 Overview
- 2 Sample nomination
- 3 Nominations
- 3.1 Girolamo Savonarola
- 3.2 Nehrams2020
- 3.3 The Giant Puffin
The project coordinators will be generally responsible for maintaining the procedural and administrative aspects of the project. They will be the designated points-of-contact for procedural issues and will be responsible for ensuring that the project as a whole is properly informed of them.
To provide some examples of coordinator duties: the coordinators will manage the proposal and creation of new task forces; ensure that project announcement and task lists are kept up-to-date; keep track of new articles; initiate drafting of guidelines needed by the project; organize the category system; oversee the recruitment of new members, including the use of project notices and other advertising methods; create and maintain collaborative departments; maintain the project page and the various guidelines in it in a clean and easy-to-use state; monitor technical policies and ensure that project templates satisfy them.
They are also expected to generally assist project members with any questions or concerns.
The coordinator positions will not entail any executive power.
- Lead Coordinator (one open position): will have overall responsibility for procedural and administrative matters within the project.
- Assistant Coordinator (two open positions): will assist the Lead Coordinator by focusing on specific areas within the project that require special attention. These areas will be selected based on need and interest among the coordinators.
- Nominations have been extended - anyone may nominate themselves until the end of elections.
- The election process will run for two weeks, starting at 00:00 (UTC) September 28, 2007 and ending at 23:59 (UTC) on October 11, 2007.
- Any member of the project may nominate themselves for either position by creating a new section under "Nominations" below and copying the sample form below. Nominees only interested in one position should indicate this when adding their names. Candidates need not make extensive statements if they do not wish to do so.
- The elections will be conducted using simple approval voting. Any member of the project may support a nominee for either position. If the nominee is running for both positions and you wish to support them for only one, please make a note to that effect as part of your vote.
- Statement goes here...
Comments and questions for Name
Votes in support of Name
- I've been involved in organizing WP Films already, and I've also started WP Filmmaking (which is currently proposed for merging here as a task force). In addition to helping to start the Requests, Translation, and Categorization departments, I've been a proponent of the task forces and increased integrated automation into the project banner, which I've recently overhauled. This has also allowed us to link up with WikiProject Military history through the new War films task force and centralize several of our procedures.
- While I'm nothing short of amazed by the project's ability to quickly reach a wide breadth of film coverage, I think that the long-term measure of our success is based on our ability to create high-quality articles. I support all measures to facilitate this: through assessment, article tags to identify problems, targeting GA and A class articles for FAC push, and collaborative community efforts to bring articles up to standard, either through CotW or dividing up large tasks among volunteers.
Comments and questions for Girolamo Savonarola
Votes in support of Girolamo Savonarola
- As Lead coordinator • The Giant Puffin • 07:39, 28 September 2007 (UTC)
- As either. Cbrown1023 talk 21:02, 28 September 2007 (UTC)
- As lead. Nehrams2020 19:34, 29 September 2007 (UTC)
- As lead Collectonian 19:18, 4 October 2007 (UTC)
- As lead. J.D. 19:33, 4 October 2007 (UTC)
- I've been actively involved with WP:FILMS since May 2006 and plan to continue to focus on various areas of the project. Most of my attention has been in the Assessment, Spotlight, and Outreach departments. In the past, I've coordinated drives to assist in adding film infoboxes to articles, have assisted in Cinema Collaborations of the Week to bring several articles up to GA, and I write the monthly newsletter to inform members of events and milestones within the project. I'm also active in the Good Article process and would like to continue to increase the amount of good articles within our project. There are a lot of great films that are B level that we can continue to improve in quality.
- I'd like to run for the assistant position as I'm not as active in other parts of the project that the main coordinator should be. Additionally, my college classes will be taking more time for me this semester, so I believe it would be best for me to assist the main coordinator. I'm here to constantly improve the project by improving its many articles and collaborating with other editors.
Comments and questions for Nehrams2020
Votes in support of Nehrams2020
- • The Giant Puffin • 07:39, 28 September 2007 (UTC)
- J.D. 13:09, 28 September 2007 (UTC)
- Cbrown1023 talk 21:01, 28 September 2007 (UTC)
- Collectonian 19:19, 4 October 2007 (UTC)
The Giant Puffin
- I have been involved in WP:FILMS since May of this year, and hope to increase my involvement in the project through this position and the future growth of the project. Most of my contributions to the Wikiproject have been through WP:BOND, particularly aiming to get GoldenEye to Featured Article status. I have contributed to Cinema Collaborations of the Week, and also helped with promoting some articles to Good Article status.
- I feel that the Wikiproject's main aim, as well as striving to increase its member base, is to increase the quality of Wikipedia's film articles. There are currently over 1000 B-class articles that need to be improved to GA or (ideally) FA status. As stated in WP:FLOOD, Wikipedia needs up production of Good and Featured Articles. With the high amount of good Wikipedians in this Wikiproject, I believe WP:FILMS can help take a lead in this. I am interested in applying for the assistant position, as I beileve I have not been active enough in the project to become a lead coordinator, and will also need to dedicate some of my time to college and studies.