Wikipedia:WikiProject Horror/Style Guidelines
The following is the style guidelines department of WikiProject Horror This department tries to help editors improve the quality of Wikipedia's articles within the fictional horror genre. For Wikipedia guidelines regarding how to write about fiction in general, see Wikipedia:Notability (fiction) and Wikipedia:Manual of Style (writing about fiction). These are only guidelines and may be altered depending on current Wikipolicies and/or project participant consensus.
- For clarification in specific instances, please view:
- If an article already exists with the same name as the article that you are trying to write, create a disambiguation page and use a modifier in the title; e.g. Title (author), Title (director), Title (film), Title (franchise), Title (novel), Title (novella), Title (short story).
- If an article already exists with the same title modifier as the article that you are trying to write, create a disambiguation page (if one doesn't already exist) and (in order of preference):
- …use a name-based title modifier; e.g. Title (authorname novel).
- …use a year-based title modifier; e.g. Title (year film), Title (year novel), Title (year novella), Title (year short story).
- …use a genre-based title modifier; e.g. Title (genre director), Title (genre franchise).
- For information on what should be included in an article, please view: