Wikipedia:WikiProject India/Events/Geographical Indications in India Edit-a-thon
Between 25 January and 10 February 2016, CIS-A2K is going to organize an edit-a-thon to celebrate India's republic day. The goal of this edit-a-thon is to create and improve Geographical Indications articles.
A central participants list is being maintained on Meta-Wiki. Once you sign up here, you may add your name there also, else we'll update manually.
It's time to create and expand articles. Go ahead.
We expect that if you participate in this edit-a-thon, you'll create or expand at least 3 articles. However you may work on as many as articles you want.
For an article to be considered as part of this Geographical Indications in India Edit-a-thon, it must adhere to the following rules
- The new article must be created between 0:00 UTC on 25 January 2016 and 23:59 UTC on 10 February 2016.
- Creation/Expansion rule: If you are creating a new article the new article must have a size of at least 3,500 bytes and a minimum length of roughly 300 words (the word count excludes templates, infoboxes, references, etc.), If you are expanding an existing article, you need to expand this article by at least 3000 bytes, (the word count excludes templates, infoboxes, references, etc.)
- The articles should not copyvio content and should follow verifiability and other important policies of Wikipedia.
- The articles should have decent references.
- The article must not be purely machine translated.
- There should not be any maintenance tags in the articles.
- The article must have a direct relation to Geographical Indications in India (see Proposed articles).
- Report your progress here in this format: Example (talk) (Articles: Example, Another example, Another another example, Yet another example, Yet another example)
- Prof TPMS (talk) 06:05, 22 January 2016 (UTC)(Article: Payyannur Pavithra Ring Created , Article Palakkadan Matta Rice created , Expanded Article Maddalam of Palakkad )
- --Nvvchar (talk) 01:36, 19 January 2016 (UTC) Article 1 en:Kashmir Papier Mache , Article 2 en:Thanjavur Art Plate , Article 3 en:Mysore Sandalwood Oil , Article 4 en:Sankheda Furniture, Article 5 en:Devanahalli Pomelo, Article 6 en:Kamalapur Red Banana, Article 7 en:Orissa Ikat, Article 8 en:Navalgund Durries, Article 9 en:Toda Embroidery, Article 10 en:Bagh Prints of Madhya Pradesh, Article 11 en:Chamba Rumal, Article 12 en:Kutch Embroidery, Article 13 en:Santiniketan Leather Goods -- All these have been posted on DYK and four of them have appeared on the main page and other are likely to appear in the next few days. (Note: en:Jasmine in Karnataka was created by me as en:Mysore Mallige which included en:Hadagali Jasmine and en:Hadagali Jasmine which appeared as DYK in 2008, where GI registration has been mentioned. Article 14 Nashik valley wine created on 22 February 2016
- Shrikanthv (talk) 12:42, 19 January 2016 (UTC) Article 1 en:Mysore Agarbathi, Article 2 en:Mysore Rosewood Inlay, Article 3 en:Mysore betel leaf, Article 4 en:Nanjanagud banana, Article 5,6,7 en:Hadagali Jasmine en:Udupi Jasmine en:Mysore jasmine
- # Yogee23 (talk) 17:42, 21 January 2016 (UTC)
- --WoodElf (talk) 17:31, 21 January 2016 (UTC) (Articles: Muga silk)
- CAPTAIN RAJU (talk) 18:37, 21 January 2016 (UTC)
- GSS (talk) 19:04, 21 January 2016 (UTC)
- Srinivasan KB (talk) 07:27, 22 January 2016 (UTC)
- Krishnachandranvn (talk) 03:45, 22 January 2016 (UTC)
- --Vin09 (talk) 07:02, 22 January 2016 (UTC) (Articles: Mangalagiri Sarees and Fabrics(created), Srikalahasti Kalamkari(created), Dharmavaram Handloom Pattu Sarees and Paavadas (created), Budithi Bell and Brass Craft (created), Machilipatnam Kalamkari (improved), Venkatagiri Sari (improved), Kondapalli Toys (improved), Uppada Jamdani Sari (improved), Gadwal sari (improved))
- --Jnanaranjan sahu (talk) 09:20, 22 January 2016 (UTC)
- Tito Dutta (talk) 09:32, 22 January 2016 (UTC) (Articles: Bobbili_Veena (created)
- Jim ter 10:22, 22 January 2016 (UTC)
- Dee03 10:57, 22 January 2016 (UTC) (Articles created: Bangalore Blue, Udupi Mattu Gulla, Coorg orange, Bangalore rose onion, Kangra tea, Nashik grape, Mahabaleshwar strawberry, Gir Kesar, Makrana marble)
- Human3015 It will rain
- Yogesh Khandke (talk) 16:23, 22 January 2016 (UTC) (Mahim halwa, Lonavala chikki, Kolhapuri saaj, Sawantwadi toys)
- Magentic Manifestations (talk) 16:35, 22 January 2016 (UTC) (Articles: Coimbatore Wet Grinder, Bhavani Jamakkalam, Kovai Cora Cotton, Swamimalai Bronze Icons, Kancheepuram Silk (minor))
- RRD13 দেবজ্যোতি (talk) 16:36, 22 January 2016 (UTC)
- ƬheStrikeΣagle 16:43, 22 January 2016 (UTC)
- --Parul Thakur (talk) 09:56, 23 January 2016 (UTC)
- Mahensingha(talk) (Article:Mathura Peda)
- Agasthyathepirate(talk) (Article:Tirupati Laddu)
- Nizil (talk) 20:02, 25 January 2016 (UTC) (Articles:Nizamabad black clay pottery, Bhalia Wheat)
- Pharaoh of the Wizards (talk) 02:45, 26 January 2016 (UTC)
- User:Abhilash Mhaisne canaar (talk) 06:20, 26 January 2016 (UTC)
- -- Sailesh Patnaik (Talk2Me|Contribs) 05:39, 26 January 2016 (UTC)
- Hari Kishore Joshi (talk)
- Coolgama (talk)
- Jaydev786 (talk) --Jaydev Desai 14:08, 28 January 2016 (UTC)
- Krishnachandranvn (talk) 01:14, 29 January 2016 (UTC) Created articles Vazhakulam pineapple and Kuthampally dhoties and set mundu
- AntanO 11:04, 5 February 2016 (UTC) Created: Bastar Wooden Craft , Kannauj Perfume and Khurja pottery
- Article redirected after a deletion discussion