Welcome to the Indigenous peoples of Australia WikiProject. This is a group dedicated to improving Wikipedia's coverage of Australia's indigenous peoples.
(For more information on WikiProjects, please see Wikipedia:WikiProject and the Guide to WikiProjects).
- The scope of this project is all matters specifically relating to any or all the indigenous peoples of Australia, including:
1. articles relating to any subjects raised about Indigenous Australian's here or here
2. articles listed, or to be listed in the 'Indigenous Australian's navigation guide here.
3. articles relating to each, any, or all of the indigenous Australian groups listed here
For best practices in creating and editing articles, see the Wikipedia:Manual of Style.
This is a new project, and several things need to be done. Many of these things will remain important as the project develops. Among them are:
- Recruiting members and keeping them active and interested
- Improving any articles falling within the scope of this project
- Creating any articles which are important, but have not currently been created
- Actively watching, monitoring, and maintaining the quality and integrity of existing articles about indigenous Australians, including making any changes as necessary
Please feel free to add yourself here, and to indicate any areas of particular interest.
- Ben Dawid (talk · contribs) Aboriginal history, culture and current affairs.
- Boylo (talk · contribs)
- Bruceanthro (talk · contribs) My area of interest is in the Aboriginal groups, beliefs, anthropology, and cultural landscapes of North Queensland specifically; and Australia more generally.
- Clare. (talk · contribs) Especially Canberra-area Aboriginal history, but also broadly Aboriginal culture, celebrities, art and social issues
- Cygnis insignis (talk · contribs)
- Euryalus (talk · contribs)
- Gnangarra (talk · contribs)
- Hack (talk · contribs) - Aboriginal sportspeople, mostly football (soccer)...
- Hamiltonstone (talk · contribs) Indigenous art
- Jembana (talk · contribs) NSW indigenous languages especially Darug and Kamilaroi, also Walpiri and Jarwoyn
- John D. Croft (talk · contribs) West Australian Aboriginal history and culture
- LizLou (talk · contribs)
- Paul foord (talk · contribs)
- RayNorris (talk · contribs) - especially Aboriginal Astronomy, but also culture, art, social issues
- schomynv (talk · contribs) works in the German speaking Wikipedia and often translates articles.
- Takver (talk - contribs ) - Takver: from a local historical perspective I'm working on the pages associated with the Kulin peoples in Victoria, most notably the Wurundjeri.
- Wikiain (talk · contribs) Australian constitutional law
- WikiTownsvillian (talk · contribs) mostly interested in the Bwgcolman People and the history of Palm.
- WLRoss (talk · contribs)
- Macropneuma (talk · contribs)
- Zaddikskysong (talk · contribs) Kunwinjku people and Arnhem Land
- BlackfullaLinguist (talk · contribs)
- Alabama81bornandbred (talk · contribs) my interest is Aboriginal culture pre-colonisation
- Runciblehon (talk · contribs)
This section is an incomplete list of Featured articles, Featured pictures, and Featured lists within the scope of this project.
Collaboration and review
- Collaboration of the Month.
- Current Collaboration of the month: TO BE NOMINATED
- Peer review
Please feel free to list any new articles falling within the scope of this project here (newer articles at the top, please). Any new articles that have an interesting or unusual fact in them should be suggested for the Did you know? box the Main Page.
Please feel free to list any new categories falling within the scope of this project here (newer categories at the top, please).
Articles in need of attention
(Usually with either WP:N, WP:V, WP:RS or other issues that require some action)
- Aboriginal Affairs (Arrangements with the States) Act 1973
- Aboriginal Land Rights Commission (1973-1974)
- Stolen wages (see AIATSIS Stolen Wages - a resource guide and ANTAR Stolen Wages & Hard Labour: Stolen Wages)
- Education and Indigenous Australians
- Australian Aboriginal religion see discussion
- Robert Wills (aka Bobby Sinn February 7, 1932 - July 23, 2009 [The Courier-Mail, July 28, 2009 Page 64]
- List of native title claims in Australia (there is a List of native title claims in South Australia)
- St Johns Wood, Queensland Seeking Aboriginal History information for this area to include in this page.
- Indigenous Australian agriculture - there was once an article related to this topic Cathy Pryor(15 May 2014 11:06AM), , Rethinking Indigenous Australia's agricultural past, ABC Radio National. See the previous, poorly sourced, poorly informed, deletion comments, here. I have many scholarly reference sources to share and assist with, but not time to do the whole article alone.--Macropneuma 04:10, 22 May 2014 (UTC)
- Tony Albert
Version 1.0 assessments
For more information about Version 1.0 assessments, see WP:1.0 and WP:WVWP.
The main category is category:Indigenous peoples of Australia, the category:Indigenous Australian people is for articles on individual Indigenous Australians.
When an article is found - and does not have the Indigenous project in the discussion page tag - the tag should appear like:- WP Australia | Indigenous=yes to have it included within the project
- Main tool page: toolserver.org
- Reflinks - Edits bare references - adds title/dates etc. to bare references
- Checklinks - Edit and repair external links
- Dab solver - Quickly resolve ambiguous links.
- Peer reviewer - Provides hints and suggestion to improving articles.