Wikipedia:WikiProject Ireland/Battle of Clontarf Editathon April 2014
|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
The Science Gallery at the Naughton Institute, Pearse Street, Trinity College, Dublin 2 (nearest station Pearse) hosted an editathon on Saturday 19 April at 2pm, to improve Wikipedia articles about the Battle of Clontarf in time for the 1000th anniversary. This free public event was organised by Sabina Bonnici and Alan Doherty of 1014 Retold, in collaboration with Irish historians, with John Cummings as lead trainer and logistical support and refreshments from Wikimedia UK.
At 5 pm we moved on to O'Neills nearby.
- Silcon Republic:Wiki editors, tweeters called upon for digital re-enactment of Battle of Clontarf
Attendees (in person)
Please set up an account before the event if at all possible. Very few details are needed: a Username, password, and we recommend giving your email, if only to be reminded of your password when you forget it. The short Wikipedia:Tutorial/Registration explains why this is a good idea.
If you haven't already, please make sure to register so we know you're coming!
Please Sign your name below using the signature tool or using ~~~~
- Mrjohncummings (talk) 14:31, 19 April 2014 (UTC)
- Shawn Day (talk) 15:50, 19 April 2014 (UTC)
- Denis Parfenov (talk) 15:55, 19 April 2014 (UTC)
- Rebecca O'Neill Smirkybec (talk) 15:45, 19 April 2014 (UTC)
- Sameichel (talk) 16:02, 19 April 2014 (UTC)
- Scolaire (talk) 16:04, 19 April 2014 (UTC)
- RashersTierney (talk) 19:05, 19 April 2014 (UTC)
Online participants from anywhere are very welcome, whether experienced or not. For a basic editing tutorial see Wikipedia:Tutorial, and Wikipedia:Ten Simple Rules for Editing Wikipedia is short, and full of good advice. Or try this one - four modules, taking one hour it says. Online participants who can't join us in person are welcome to list themselves below with # ~~~~
Articles we may work on
- Battle of Clontarf
- Brian Boru
- Sigtrygg Silkbeard
- Máel Sechnaill mac Domnaill
- Máel Mórda mac Murchada
- Murchad mac Briain
- Toirdelbach mac Murchada meic Briain (not to be confused with Toirdelbach Ua Briain) - grandson of Brian who died in the battle.
- Gormflaith ingen Murchada
- Sláine ingen Brian Boru (Sláine, daughter of Brian Boru)
- Máel Muire ingen Amlaíb
- Sigurd the Stout (Sigurd Hlodvirsson, Earl of Orkney)
We will need several experienced Wikipedians. After you've registered please sign up below with 4 tildas.
Print references we will have at the event
- Pages about Slaine
- step free access yes
- wheelchair access yes