|This WikiProject is believed to be inactive.
If you are not currently a member of the project, please consider joining it to help. This status may be changed if activity resumes, or if this banner has been changed in error.
This project started to address the problem of unmaintained articles relating to KDE, it is a project to list and organize the articles that need work related to KDE, anyone should feel free to join and participate as the KDE articles are currently sub-standard.
- To ensure that wikipedia can be used as an appropriate reference for KDE programs and technologies.
- To ensure that wikipedia articles about KDE don't fall unmaintained or go obsolete.
- To ensure that wikipedia articles about KDE are cited, NPOV and factually accurate.
- To ensure that articles are created about new KDE technologies and release quickly and effectively.
To join the project just sign your name below.
- Annoyamouse (talk) 06:30, 16 November 2011 (UTC)
- Happysmileman 16:43, 30 July 2007 (UTC)
- Skeith 16:51, 30 July 2007 (UTC)
- CloneDeath 19:23, 3 August 2007 (UTC)
- vendion (talk) 18:25, 18 December 2007 (UTC)
- Unforgiven24 (talk) 04:16, 20 May 2008 (UTC)
- Ewald (talk) 19:30, 4 July 2008 (UTC)
- Little Filament (talk) 15:31, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
Here is a list of the articles that we should be maintaining, they are color coded to help identify weak articles.
This is a quick key to help show what each color means for each article.
|Green||Article is of good quality and does not need much improvement.|
|Yellow||Article is good but could still be improved.|
|Red||Article needs a lot of improvement.|
|Blue||Article has not yet been written.|
The ratings have been drawn up based on my quick scan through each article and are most likely flawed, feel free to change them if you disagree
|KDE||Main article about KDE|
|KDE 4||Upcoming releaseof KDE|
See also: List of KDE applications
|Adept Manager||Download Manager/Installer|
|K3b||CD and DVD authoring software|
|Kopete||Instant messaging client|
|KWallet||Credentials management application|
|KGPG||Graphical gpg frontend|
|KParts||KDE Component Framework|
|Filelight||KDE graphical disk-space analyzer|
|KPilot||Replacement for the Palm Desktop software.|
|KSnapshot||Screen shot program|
KDE Platform 4
These are currently in heavy development and change rapidly, their articles should be updated as new information becomes available. For this reason, the articles should not be judged as critically as other articles and needn't be as long, I do think however the green rating should be used sparingly as at the moment none of the articles are good enough and they tend to need constant updates as development furthers.
- KDE – the community
- KDE Software Compilation – assemblage of software packages
- KDE Plasma Workspaces – corresponds to GNOME Shell, replaced KDesktop, Kicker and SuperKaramba present in Version 3; there will be multiple UIs for the different screensizes/input methods
- KDE Platform – about the KDE Platform
- Mer (software distribution) – not sure, how much this build on the KDE Platform
- Vivaldi Tablet – hardware project driven by Aaron Seigo et al. (if Raspberry Pi or Cubieboard deserve such a big fuzz around it, this most probably deserves as well an article of its own)
|Decibel||Communication framework, telepathy + Tapioca I believe|
|Dolphin||New file manager, replaces Konqueror for file managing|
|NEPOMUK-KDE||Compliments Strigi, allows tagging of files with more information|
|Okular||Document viewer, will replace KPDF, KGhostView, KFax, KFaxview and KDVI.|
|Oxygen||New visual style|
|Plasma||Merges kicker, kdesktop and superkaramba into one program. Most notably for widgets|
|Quasar||Quasar is dead|
|Solid||Device integration framework|
Information about KDE related events and software can be found in these places
There is some overlap between planet KDE and KDE developers blog