- London Transport News
- Green Park is to be revamped ahead of 2012 Olympics.
- A revamped cyclists section of the TfL website calls on cyclists to share experiences and knowledge.
- A report is released into the ELL bridge incident.
- Initial London LEZ results prove positive with lower emissions for 12-tonne vehicles compared to one year ago.
- Shadwell DLR station upgrade has helped to cut crime.
- Whilst traffic levels are down generally, congestion in some areas of the Congestion Charge Zone is back up to to pre-zone levels after five years, due to infrastructure upgrade work.
- The Underground station at Blackfriars is to close in March 2009 for 2 ½ years as part of the Thameslink Programme's upgrade. The mainline station will remain open during this period.
- British Transport Police launch London Underground Neighbourhood Policing Teams to increase security at stations and cut down on crime. These are deployed over the London Underground and Docklands Light Railway networks.
- Taxi fares may rise if fuel prices increase.
- Oyster cards suffer technical difficulties near the end of July.
- Trains on the Bakerloo Line that terminated a Willesden Junction now terminate at Stonebridge Park, increasing services also to four stations including some earlier and later trains.
- The second phase of the London Low Emission Zone has begun, affecting buses and coaches, and lorries over 3.5 tonnes, amongst others. A 28 day warning i given for those who do not comply.
- Twickenham Bridge celebrates its 75th birthday
Please note that events are currently not in date order.
- Member News
Welcome to the new member that joined during the month of July:
Also welcome to the new member who joined us in August (before this issue)
Bringing us up to a total of 67 members!
This WikiProject would not be where it is today without each and every one of its members! Thank you to all!