Wikipedia:WikiProject Medicine/Translation task force/Assessing
< Wikipedia:WikiProject Medicine | Translation task force (Redirected from Wikipedia:WikiProject Medicine/Translation task force/Integration guides/Pre translation)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Assessing content is about checking what content needs to be translated, and marking it as Do or Don't on the progress pages.
- Not all articles need to be translated.
- Simple articles (4 paragraph introductions to the topic) should not be translated if the target article is featured or good article class.
- This is because we don't want to waste translators time, and also because we do not wish to replace already high quality content.
- If an article already exists, look at the quality and number of references supporting that article. A translation might provide more references to support the content even when a translation does not seem necessary.
- If you believe the translation may be useful anyway, and there are integrators who will use it, we will put the article up for translation.
- Please sign up here so that we can get in contact when there is new work
- You can also start right away by using the resources!