Wikipedia:WikiProject Medicine/Translation task force/Templates
Template fixing requires installing or fixing of templates on other language Wikis. This is required to make sure that articles display properly and have full functionality with links and images.
Installing tempalates only needs to be once per Wikipedia, and is only needed on small or new Wikipedias. In the case you are on a larger Wikipedia and templates are not working it may be because they do not share the same format as the English ones. This can either be fixed or you can try to adapt the articles - a notable difficult Wikipedia is the Polish Wikipedia - see the Polish guide
Templates may be installed or they may be omitted/simplified. Some templates are important for references, and for linking to more information. We believe that these should not be deleted. Others such as TOC (table of content) can be removed.
Some template may be found on a hit and miss basis by going to the English Template page and looking for inter-wiki links.
In general templates should only be installed on small Wikis, while on larger Wikis a method should be developed, similar to the guide as has been done for Polish.
Link, reference and infobox templates are integral to the project, and need to be installed. Depending on certain prerequisites of the Wikipedia in question, the following templates should be copied and pasted (with a link in the edit summary to the English template page).
- Step 1. Check if MediaWiki:Common.css is installed. If it isn't installed the page will appear blank. Installing this can only be done by an administrator on the target Wiki (or other editor with global permissions such as Stewards).
- Step 2. Installing the rest of the templates & modules (See Resources).
- An admin or steward can use the Import function to install several templates and modules automatically
The following templates & modules are needed for proper functions and aesthetic of the translated articles:
- Module:Citation/CS1/Date validation
Module:Comma separated entriesModule:Separated entries
- Template:Cite book
- Template:Cite news
- Template:Cite web
- Template:Cite journal
- Template:Infobox disease
- Template:Infobox medical condition
- Template:Infobox anatomy
- Template:Infobox drug
- Template:Comma separated entries
- Please sign up here so that we can get in contact when there is new work
- You can also start right away by using the resources!