Wikipedia:WikiProject Military history/Assessment/Third Servile War
Previous A-Class nomination failed, and is archived here.
The article has been re-vamped based on this, and other reviews. The minor objection voiced in the previous nomination has been addressed: A description of the slave's status, numbers, treatment, and a mention of the previous Servile wars has been incorporated into the article, setting the pre-conditions, and the pattern of the Servile wars which this conflict follows.
Ideally, I'd like to see the "Aftermath" section revamped to include what changes in the Roman institution of slavery, or body of Roman law regarding slavery, that this conflict triggered (if any). However, this is beyond my current research materials, and I believe that the actual history of the Third Servile War is complete as it stands.
Minor restucturing, expansion, a copyedit for english grammar and spellinmg performed by UberCryxic.
I think it stands as an A-class as-is. Hopefully others will think so as well :)
Vedexent 06:21, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
- Support as before. I'm no expert on Roman slavery, but the changes look good to me. Carom 15:43, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
- Support Kyriakos 20:43, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
- Comment - please merge some tiny paras into larger ones.--
03:00, 18 September 2006 (UTC)
- Response: which paragraphs did you have in mind? - Vedexent 03:11, 18 September 2006 (UTC)
- Support well written and well referenced--Looper5920 11:47, 18 September 2006 (UTC)