Wikipedia:WikiProject Military history/Incubator/Fighting Family
|military history incubator
This group or initiative is currently seeking interested editors; please join us!
Welcome to the Fighting Family group, an initiative of the Military history WikiProject.
Purpose & scope
Flexible if needed!
I Do not remember where or when i heard this. It is my understanding, it is a fairly rare occasion (at least in America) for so many members of a family engaging in a single conflict. (inspiring such flexibility in drafting with other family already enlisted. (only child as an example)) This [cross post](#23 American Revolution) has more detail.
- Confirm which units individuals served in.
- Kiliaen van Rensselaer (colonel)(1717–1781)
Seriously need confirmation of actual "Writing on a roster" Does this "Roster" even exist? Are the names of the two killed correct? Issac Davis is also the name of first person supposed to have been killed in Revolution. findagrave.com will not be a reliable reference. Two memorials created based on reference in article. Point of concern is Identification of Col Kiliaen as the seriously wounded... other accounts are saying son Henry was shot and carried the ball for over 30 years
both have been confirmed HERE
3 of Killiaen's sons
- Henry K. Van Rensselaer (1744–1816), General
- Philip Kiliaen van Rensselaer (1747–1798) Colonel
- Nicholas Van Rensselaer (military figure) (1754–1848) Colonel
- Robert Van Rensselaer (1740–1802), Brigadier General
- James van Rensselaer (military figure) (1747-1827) Major
|Article||Grade||Editor(s) currently working||Notes|
- Add tasks here
- Add categories, templates, etc. here
- Add external links here
- Add references and bibliographical information here