The Military history WikiProject Newsletter: The Bugle
Issue XXXIV (December 2008)
- Project news
- Articles of note
New featured articles:
- 13th Airborne Division (United States)
- 2nd Canadian Infantry Division
- Action of 13 January 1797
- Akutan Zero
- Arena Active Protection System
- Blair Anderson Wark
- British Empire
- Frederick III, German Emperor
- Phan Dinh Phung
- Rheinmetall 120 mm gun
- SS Dakotan
- SS Washingtonian
- Tanks in the Spanish Army
New featured lists:
- Timeline of the Adriatic campaign, 1807–1814
New featured topics:
- Spanish Tanks
New A-Class articles:
- Battle of Salamis
- Bruce Kingsbury
- Four Freedoms (Norman Rockwell)
- George Ingram
- Jagdgeschwader 1 (World War II)
- John Whittle
- Lexington class battlecruiser
- Maryland and Virginia Rifle Regiment
- SM U-5 (Austria-Hungary)
- Tetrarch (tank)
- USS Iowa turret explosion
- Zanzibar Revolution
- Current proposals and discussions
- Design competition: editors with design skills urgently needed to design an eyecatching logo for this newsletter. The logo needs to incorporate a bugle motif as well as the newsletter's title, "The Bugle". Fame and honour (a barnstar) guaranteed for the successful design. Submit entries here please.
- Who will be the three "2008 Military historians of the Year"? There are 13 candidates so far and the number is rising rapidly. The winning editors will receive the Gold, Silver and Bronze Wikis; and all other nominees the WikiProject barnstar. To nominate editors you admire, or to cast your votes, please visit here!
- A new drive has been started to identify the core topics of World War I with the aim of improving their quality before the centenary of the start of World War I in 2014.
- A discussion is underway regarding flag icons and whether to rewrite the current guidelines to reflect the Manual of Style.
- Awards and honors
- Bellhalla has been awarded the Milhist A-Class medal for three ship-related articles: SS Black Osprey, SS Mauna Loa, and SM U-5 (Austria-Hungary).
- JonCatalán has been awarded the Milhist A-Class medal for Battle of Khafji, Rheinmetall 120 mm gun, and AMX-30.
- The Contest department has completed its twenty first month of competition, which saw 58 entries. The top scorer this month is Bellhalla with 113 points followed by Abraham, B.S. with 32 points. Ed!, Chamal_N, JonCatalan, Skinny87, Rosiestep, the_ed17, David Underdown, Maralia and Terrakyte also fielded entries. Bellhalla remains the overall leader with 594 points in total. The Chevrons go to Bellhalla and Abraham, B.S. gets the Writer's Barnstar. You are encouraged to submit any articles you are working on as entries.
To stop receiving this newsletter, or to receive it in a different format, please list yourself in the appropriate section here.