Wikipedia:WikiProject Military history/Peer review/National War Memorial (South Australia)
I'd like any and all advice on how to further improve this article on the memorial, in the hope of eventually getting it up to A-class or featured status. (I've enjoyed working on it, and would like to try and finish it off properly). - Bilby (talk) 04:43, 29 September 2008 (UTC)
- A nice article. There are some small stylistic issues with it:
- First World War, make sure is consistent: use First World War or use World War I, just make it consistent. (I suggest First World War as it is the Commonwealth English way) Don't use the abbreviation, it is too colloquial.
- Dates, you use both international and US date format. Pick one and again, be consistent.
- Per the MOS, images should alternate from left to right in the text.
- Other than those, the image licences all check out, it is well referenced with an acceptable style and it covers the topic well. There might be a need for a copyedit in there, but the prose read well to me. Well done. Sorry about the wait, and keep up the good work. Woody (talk) 12:54, 12 October 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks! That was of great help - in particular, I didn't realise that I'd stuffed up the date formats, but I should have known better on that one. I agree with the need for a copyedit - I find that I'm not a great copyeditor, and I certainly can't copyedit my own work properly, yet a good copyeditor can virtually always improve an article. I guess I'll need to start begging people and see if I can find one. :) - Bilby (talk) 13:25, 12 October 2008 (UTC)