Wikipedia:WikiProject Molecular and Cell Biology/Votes/2006-08-27
|MCB Director Vote Pages|
Can we benefit from having a director?
This is a vote and discussion to decide whether we, as a WikiProject, could benefit from the presence of a dedicated director (precise title to be determined). Said director would be responsible for coordinating the drafting and posting of the monthly newsletter and maintainance the Article Improvement Drive and MCB Portal. In addition, a director would be in change of imagining ways of recruiting as well as any unforseen administrative tasks that might otherwise go undone. This is not a vote for a director.
This discussion will continue until 23:59 Sunday, 10 September, 2006 (UTC), at which time the voting will be closed and the result, if any, enacted.
(sorted by alpha)
- If you have any suggestions for the title of the directorship (director, secretary general, boss, archduke, evil overlord), please include with your vote. The title will be voted upon when/if the election for the first director takes place.
- ClockworkSoul 06:15, 27 August 2006 (UTC) – I've been using the term "director", and that seems to me to be a reasonable title. Secretary General isn't bad, if you're felling a little United Nations-ish.
- JFW | T@lk 08:46, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
- GAThrawn22 16:09, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
- I like coordinator, less dictator like. David D. (Talk) 15:18, 30 August 2006 (UTC)
- Looks like a step in the right direction. --Username132 (talk) 18:51, 30 August 2006 (UTC)
- If someone is willing to commit himself and to oversee the quality of MCB work on Wikipedia then I warmly support this initiative. JFW | T@lk 08:46, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
- I think a director is a good idea. We need someone who is willing to dedicate the time to managing the project. GAThrawn22 16:09, 27 August 2006 (UTC)
- (Briefly poking my nose in here.) If you go ahead with this, you might also consider "coordinator" as a possible title. ;-) Kirill Lokshin 17:12, 29 August 2006 (UTC)