The following is a to-do list for WikiProject NASCAR. It includes tasks which need done, but do not fit on Wikipedia:WikiProject NASCAR/to do.
Feel free to add any task to this list. If you remove a task from the template, please replace it with one listed here.
Here are some tasks awaiting attention:
- Article requests : Reggie Ruggiero, Billy Nacewicz, Bugs Stevens; Grand National seasons: 1958, 1964, 1967, 1968, 1969; Busch Series seasons: 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987;
- Cleanup : Days of Thunder, Rusty Wallace, NASCAR Thunder 2003, Bill Weber, Wood Brothers Racing
- Copyedit : NASCAR, Dale Earnhardt, 2010 Aaron's 499, Mark Martin
- Expand : Road course ringer, BAM Racing, Greg Erwin, Donnie Wingo, 2008 Daytona 500, 1991 Daytona 500
- Maintain : 2018 Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series, 2018 NASCAR Xfinity Series, 2018 NASCAR Camping World Truck Series
- NPOV : Criticism of NASCAR, Jayski's Silly Season Site, RahMoc Enterprises, Mara Reyes, NAPA Auto Parts 200, NASCAR Kinetics
- Photo : Richie Evans, South Boston Speedway, Ray Evernham
- Stubs : See all here
- Verify : NASCAR rules and regulations, 2008 Dickies 500, Frank Cicci Racing, Scott Lagasse Jr.
- Other : More
Add drivers to Category:NASCAR drivers, crew chiefs to Category:NASCAR crew chiefs and owners to Category:NASCAR team owners after creating. Other people associated with NASCAR can be placed in the main Category:NASCAR people category.
- Neil Cole - 1 Cup win
- Ray Duhigg- NASCAR Pioneer, 26 Top Ten finishes, 8th in Points in 1952.
- Danny Graves - 1 Career Win in 1957.
- Royce Haggerty - 1 Career win and pole in 1956.
- Lewis "Possum" Jones - won in relief of Bob Welborn
- John Kieper - 1 Career Win in 1956.
- Danny Letner- 2 Career Wins in 1954 and 1955.
- Chuck Mahoney - 1950, NASCAR pioneer, finished 7th in points.
- Bill Norton- 1 Career Win in 1951
- Eddie Pagan - 4 Career Wins from 1956-1957 and finished 9th in points in 1958.
- Marvin Porter - 2 Career Wins in 1957 and 1960.
- J. T. Putney - 125 Career Starts, 2 top ten points finishes (1965,1966).
- Leon Sales - 1 Career Win in 1950.
- Wayne Smith - 123 Career Starts.
- Jesse James Taylor - 1951, finished 7th in points
- Donald Thomas- Brother of Herb Thomas; 1 Career (However brother drove car to victory lane), and 9th in points in 1952.
- Art Watts- 1 Career Win in 1957.
- Danny Weinberg- 1 Career Win in 1951.
- Kenny Burks- Nationwide Series veteran
- Eddie Falk- Nationwide Series veteran, top ten points finishes
- Jimmy Lawson (racing driver)- 113 Nationwide starts, top ten points finishes
- John Linville- 136 Nationwide starts
- Charlie Luck- Over 100 Nationwide starts, many top ten point finishes
- Larry Pollard- Nationwide Series veteran and top 10 points finishes including a win in 1987 season. One of few foreigners (Canadian) to win a national series' race in NASCAR.
- John Settlemyre- 1 Nationwide Win
- Bob Shreeves- Top ten Nationwide Series finishes
- Joe Thurman- Long time Nationwide veteran.
- Billy Nacewicz - Crew chief for Richie Evans' posthumous 1985 NASCAR Modified championships in Tour's first year, and for some of Evans' earlier NASCAR National Modified championships. Owner of carbuilder RE Fabrications in 1980s. Crew chief for race-winning Busch Series efforts more recently.
- Mike Kelley (#6-Nationwide)
- Ricky Viers (#16-Nationwide)
- Miguel Abaroa - Camping World Truck Starbeast Motorsports owner
- Jeff Gluck Media person
- Bob Pockrass Media person
- Wayne Anderson (NASCAR Modified driver) - 1994 NASCAR Modified Tour champion from Long Island; not same person as Wayne Anderson, late model and part-time Cup/Busch/Truck driver from Florida. Disambiguation page will be needed.
- Lenny Boehler - Six-time NASCAR Modified champion car owner (National Modified Champion 1967-69, FMS Champion 1994-96.) One (not independent) reference is http://www.breracing.com/lb-article-oct05.htm .
- Tony Hirschman, Jr. - has won 5 WMT championships
- Bugs Stevens - won three consecutive NASCAR National Modified Championships in 1967-69. There's a published reliable source book by Bones Bourcier from Coastal 181 Press. Another source is: Dodge, Herb, "Bugs Stevens", Stock Car Racing (ISSN 0734-7340), Volume 23, Number 2, February 1988.
- Reggie Ruggiero - the "best driver to never win a championship", his 43 victories rank him second to Stefanik since the modern era began in 1985
- Rick Martin - Race car driver not the hockey player, won the 1987 Busch North Series race at Seekonk Speedway and has competed in several other NASCAR sanction races in the modified series
- Dale Shaw - Very notable racing history which can be seen here, also construct race car chassis now
- Mark Petty - Son of Maurice Petty, have 9 Truck Series starts. Former chassis specialist for Red Horse Racing.
Add to Category:NASCAR tracks, and to the "Defunct or inactive tracks" section of List of NASCAR race tracks, after creating.
Add to Category:NASCAR teams after creating. Articles needing to be written for current teams can be found on the List of NASCAR teams.
Add to Category:Defunct NASCAR teams after creating. Articles needing to be written for current teams can be found on the List of NASCAR teams.
- NOTE: Upon creation of NASCAR season articles, please replace links in articles to season links. (I.E 2005 becomes [[2005 in NASCAR|2005]])
Articles that need to be copy-edited
- Dale Earnhardt - Needs to be more formal, especially the history section. Needs constant patrol against vandals and overexuberant fans. (To an admin: Protecting this article from anonymous IPs could be a solution)
- Mark Martin - This article is a mess, reads poorly, and needs major expansion, especially about his pre-Roush years.
- Penske Racing -
needs owner box and needs to be cleaned up.
Articles that need to be expanded
Articles that need to be updated
Articles that need images
A good source is on www.flickr.com's creative commons section (attribution and attribution-ShareAlike sections) :
Articles that need results wikitable
- Jamie Mosley - Xfinity, Truck and ARCA Racing Series
- Kyle Martel - Truck and ARCA Racing Series
- Stan Mullis - Xfinity
- Louis-Philippe Dumoulin - Xfinity and Pinty's Series
- Cory Roper - Truck
- Martin Truex, Jr. - K&N East, Whelen Modified Tour
- Ryan Newman - Whelen Modified Tour, Whelen Southern Modified Tour and ARCA Racing Series
- Brendan Gaughan - K&N West
- Clint Bowyer - K&N West
- Jesse Little - K&N East and K&N West
- John Wes Townley - K&N East and ARCA Racing Series
- David Mayhew - K&N East and K&N West
- James Buescher - K&N East, K&N West, Pinty's Series and ARCA Racing Series
- Kevin O'Connell - K&N West, K&N East, Pinty's Series and PEAK Mexico Series
- Chad Finchum - K&N East
- Harrison Rhodes - K&N East
- Josh Reaume - K&N East and K&N West
- Jordan Anderson - K&N East
- Scott Heckert - K&N East and ARCA Racing Series
- Kevin Swindell - K&N East
- Ryan Gifford - K&N West and K&N East
- Paulie Harraka - K&N West
- Alex Kennedy - K&N East, K&N West and ARCA Racing Series
- Brandon McReynolds - K&N West
- Dakoda Armstrong - K&N East and ARCA Racing Series
- Roy Mayne - Cup
- Butch Gilliland - Cup, K&N West and ARCA Racing Series
- Peyton Sellers - K&N East and K&N West
- Cale Conley - K&N East and K&N West
- Andy Kirby - Xfinity, K&N East and ARCA Racing Series
- Brian Rose - Truck and ARCA Racing Series
- Sean Murphy - Xfinity and Truck
- Blaise Alexander - Xfinity and ARCA Racing Series
- Kevin Hamlin - Xfinity
- Kevin Grubb - Xfinity
- Brad Coleman - Cup, Xfinity and ARCA Racing Series
- Aaron Fike - Xfinity, Truck, K&N East and ARCA Racing Series
- Justin Ashburn - Xfinity and ARCA Racing Series
- Andy Santerre - Xfinity and K&N East
- Benny Gordon - K&N East and ARCA Racing Series
- Enrique Contreras III - K&N East and PEAK Mexico Series
- Shane Hall - Xfinity
- Josh Richeson - Xfinity, Truck and ARCA Racing Series
- Hank Parker Jr. - Xfinity
- Burney Lamar - Xfinity, K&N West and ARCA Racing Series
- Bobby East - Xfinity, Truck and ARCA Racing Series
- Kelly Moore - Xfinity and K&N East
- Andy Ponstein - Xfinity, Truck and ARCA Racing Series
- Jimmy Kitchens - Xfinity, K&N West and ARCA Racing Series
- Abraham Calderón - PEAK Mexico Series
- Trey Hutchens - K&N East and Whelen Modified Tour
- C. W. Smith - ARCA Racing Series
- Ricky Sanders - ARCA Racing Series
- Shelby Howard - ARCA Racing Series
- Robert Huffman - Xfinity and Truck
- Bill Kann - K&N West
- Scott Ivie - K&N West
- Nick Joanides - Xfinity, K&N East and K&N West
- Matt Levin - K&N East and K&N West
- Jesus Hernandez - K&N East, K&N West and ARCA Racing Series
- Steve Portenga - K&N West
- Andy Belmont - ARCA Racing Series
- Ron Cox - ARCA Racing Series
- Darrell Basham - ARCA Racing Series
Portal:NASCAR is a place where we can exhibit our best articles and most interesting free images. Any article which is FA, GA, High or Top importance can be added for display as a Selected article or as a Selected biography, free images can be added to be displayed as Selected pictures. All of these are chosen randomly for display on each page view to avoid both bias and having to manually update the page monthly. If you've created or seen an article or image that you feel would be a good addition to the portal, follow the instructions on the pages linked above. Please nominate it on the talk pages.