Naomi entreating Ruth and Orpah to return to the land of Moab.
|William Blake Archive GLAM Update #1
So User:Sadads is starting his GLAM-Wiki internship with the Blake Archive, and it's time for an update! Here is what is happening:
- Drafts of reports that will be given to the archive and public reflection on the internship will be happening on a wordpress blog created for such reporting http://alexstinson.wordpress.com/ . Please feel free to comment and pay attention for updates about the internship and GLAM-Wiki in general, if you have a message for the group or want to contact User:Sadads, go ahead and bring it up on his talk or the task force talk page
- One of the first steps many successful Wikipedians in Residence and GLAM cooperations is collecting data on what already exists. We need to get an initial article assessment done to help do so. Help would be greatly appreciated! I will be doing other analysis using categories.
- On October 11th, their will be an edithathon at Kansas State University focusing on the illustrations by Blake for Robert Blair as well as other topics. Sign up to help online or in person at Wikipedia:WikiProject Poetry/William Blake/KSU Editathon
- Soon, a poetry class at Kansas State University will be improving the individual poem pages for the poems in Songs of Innocence and of Experience as part of Wikipedia:USEP. If you would like to help monitor their edits and give them advice, give Sadads a ping
- As Sadads is going through images and other content, he is adding. Feel free to add more things to do or help cleanup the list at Wikipedia:Blake#To do
- Finally, the William Blake Archive will not be doing an image donation because the logistics for getting high resolution images is currently not within the Archive's resource capability. However, the editorial team has communicated to me that they are comfortable with the public domain status of the images they have produced (consistent with Commons PD-ART/PD-100 policy ). Thus uploads from the Archive should fall under that license (I am still working on the copyright claims they make on the scans and website). Their website has a number of high quality scans which could used to significantly improve the quality of the images on Commons in scan quality color (for example see the new version I added of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:1795-William-Blake-Naomi-entreating-Ruth-Orpah.jpg ). Part of my time as an intern will be in uploading some of these higher quality scans. I would also encourage other to do so for some of the over 2000 images available in that category that are used and available in the category and add the corresponding metadata, Blake Archive institution template and the institution template for the holding institution. For an example, see the recent updated version of the file to the right on commons.
Look forward to a future update in September! Sadads (talk) 21:45, 19 August 2013 (UTC)
Blake's illustration from For Children The Gates of Paradise