This project, Research, is a space for researchers who are studying Wikipedia to interact with the Wikipedia community to discuss ideas, collaborate with each other and ensure that the methods used for gathering data and recruiting subjects account for the needs and norms of the community.
Related pages include m:Research, and m:Statistics. This page and project are still very preliminary and will benefit from your contributions and insight. If you would like to help, please sign the members list below and introduce yourself on the talk page.
Wikipedia:Research is still under development.
Goals (sorted by importance)
- Develop the Wikipedia:Research essay
- This WikiProject aims primarily to design, implement, discuss, and manage academic research that involves Wikipedia.
- The project seek to ensure that researchers have access to the required and available data and users without jeopardizing the productivity of the project team within the Wikipedia community.
This section is for people who are willing and able to contribute some time and play an active role in the Research Project.
- EpochFail (talk|contribs) 22:49, 30 October 2009 (UTC)
- PiperNigrum (hail|scan) 00:57, 13 November 2009 (UTC)
- Stu (aeiou)I'm Researching Wikipedia 17:31, 16 November 2009 (UTC)
- 20:42, 16 November 2009 (UTC)
- CMUResearcher (talk) 20:35, 19 November 2009 (UTC)
- -- ForteTuba (talk) 20:35, 21 November 2009 (UTC)
- riedl (talk) 00:22, 18 Dec 2009 (UTC)
- Josh Parris 06:42, 5 January 2010 (UTC) I can't escape the vortex
- Bilal Abdul Kader (talk|contribs) 22:49, 30 October 2009 (UTC)
- Pickle23 (talk) 22:15, 5 January 2010 (UTC)
- DarTar (talk) 12:07, 8 April 2010 (UTC)
- Thelmadatter (talk) 17:49, 13 August 2013 (UTC)
- Andrew327 06:17, 22 July 2014 (UTC)
- Lionel Scheepmans ✉ Contact 19:50, 1 February 2015 (UTC), see also my French user page on fr.Wikiversitiy
This section is for people who are interested and supportive, but who do not have time to take an active role.
- R27182818 (talk) 17:13, 22 November 2009 (UTC) (Reid Priedhorsky, University of Minnesota)
- Ever wonder (talk) 23:52, 23 November 2009 (UTC) (Martin Hellberg Olsson, Ghent University)
- GlimmerPhoenix 10:41, 23 November 2009 (UTC) (Felipe Ortega, University Rey Juan Carlos)
- --phauly (talk) 09:09, 24 June 2010 (UTC) (Paolo Massa, Bruno Kessler Foundation)
- Victorleezhiyu (talk) 10:02, 17 January 2011 (UTC) (International Education Center, MARA University of Technology, Malaysia)
- Sjgknight (talk) 14:33, 5 March 2013 (UTC) (KMi, Open University, UK)
- Examine the perceived quality of Wikipedia as a data source for academic studies
- Explore the academic utilization of Wikipedia
- Wikipedia:Ethically researching Wikipedia
- Staeiou's Research protocol
- WP:ORCID - Using your ORCID identifier on your Wikipedia user page
- wiki-research-l - a mailing list for the discussion of research in Wikipedia.
- Wikipedia:Database download - Regular XML and SQL dumps of English Wikipedia's database and resources for interacting with them
- m:Statistics - various Wikipedia statistics
- Wikipedia:Researching Wikipedia - discusses some ways to measure various aspects of Wikipedia project as well as covers current research.