Purpose: WikiProject Scientology (or WP:SCN for short) is meant to set a public forum for Wikipedia editors interested in improving and maintaining articles related to Scientology and the Church of Scientology, with a primary focus upon history and practices.
Scientology is a controversial topic, with interested persons tending to have strong opinions for or against it. Editors must take special care with Neutral point of view and referencing.
Issues for discussion on this forum: identifying articles and topics in the scope of this project, discussing ways to improve article standards, coordinating collaborations and article improvement efforts, developing standards and guidelines designed to achieve consistency between related articles, rating articles by appropriate standards and classes and organizing the articles by suitable categories and links.
Project structure: The WikiProject's main page includes the following elements:
- An introduction to the project's subject and a suggested Things you can do list.
- A list of the members and participants of the project
- An assessment of the current status of the articles within the scope of the project (compiled automatically by a bot)
- A catalog of all the templates and categories related to Scientology and its WikiProject
- A Related WikiProjects section, to denote other collaborative projects on related Wikipedia articles, as well as related information on Sister Projects.
- Article alerts - subpage with notices about discussions, changes, etc. upadted by a bot
- An Articles for Deletion section, to list Articles nominated for deletion and the results of completed AFDs.