|This is WikiProject Sociology, a collaboration area for Wikipedians interested in improving coverage of Sociology. New participants are welcome; please feel free to participate!
|Part of a series on|
Welcome to WikiProject Sociology, a collaboration area for Wikipedians interested in improving coverage of sociology on Wikipedia. The project's primary purpose is to provide support for members and any other editors in improving Wikipedia's coverage of sociology. New members are always welcome! Just add your name to our participants list.
This WikiProject aims primarily to improve Wikipedia articles relating to sociology by organizing articles on the subject, locating notable weaknesses, and editing diligently.
Overview of scope
- We cannot include all articles related to social activity: that would be millions of articles (all social facts...). Hence, we focus on those elements that are highly related to and mostly exclusive to sociology.
- Articles on purely sociological issues and terms (such as medical sociology or sociological perspective) should be included.
- Articles on interdisciplinary issues and terms (such as history of sociology, family, traditions or peace movement) should be included.
- Biographies of sociologists who meets the notability requirements outlined at WP:BIO (WP:PROF) should be included.
Maybe in scope
- If the subject is notable and reliable sources exist covering it from the sociological perspective, a specialized article could be created, so topics like the social construction of the British royal family, sociology of fashion or sociology of clothing may get covered. Consider discussing these suggestions in the relevant talk pages.
Out of scope
- Specific entities such as a particular family (House of Windsor) or element of fashion (brasserie, long hair) are too specific and should not be included, even if there are sociological studies of those concepts; we cannot cover the entirety of social reality.
- Biographies of famous persons who have not directly contributed to sociology, even if they are mentioned in many sociological studies (such as Barack Obama, Martin Luther King, or Gandhi), should not be included.
- For further information, please see the ' Assessment' and 'Article lists & tools' tabs for this WikiProject.
|Sociology articles by quality and importance|
|WikiWork factors (?)||ω = 39,866||Ω = 4.66|
The article alerts list provides information on which sociology-related Wikipedia articles are subject to various discussions, including peer review requests, or are in need of urgent assistance and/or review.
Did you know
Articles for deletion
- 25 Jan 2023 – City slicker was AfDed by QuietHere (t · c); see discussion (4 participants; relisted)
- 20 Jan 2023 – Upward communication was AfDed by Beland (t · c); see discussion (7 participants; relisted)
- 24 Jan 2023 – Death of Sarina Esmailzadeh AfDed by TimothyBlue (t · c) was closed as keep by BD2412 (t · c) on 31 Jan 2023; see discussion (6 participants)
Categories for discussion
- 31 Jan 2023 – Category:Social critics was CfDed by Carchasm (t · c); see discussion
- 16 Jan 2023 – Category:Strikes (protest) was CfDed by Namiba (t · c); see discussion
- 12 Jan 2023 – Category:Stereotypes of East Asians was CfDed by LaundryPizza03 (t · c); see discussion
Templates for discussion
Redirects for discussion
- 03 Feb 2023 – Microsoft Internet Exploder →Satiric misspelling was RfDed by Colgatepony234 (t · c); see discussion
- 06 Jan 2023 – Sexual activity →Human sexual activity was RfDed by Red-tailed hawk (t · c); see discussion
Good article nominees
- 15 Jan 2023 – Misanthropy was GA nominated by Phlsph7 (t · c); start discussion
- 07 Jan 2023 – Communication was GA nominated by Phlsph7 (t · c); start discussion
- 02 Dec 2022 – Schramm's model of communication was GA nominated by Phlsph7 (t · c); start discussion
- 21 Nov 2022 – Source-Message-Channel-Receiver model of communication was GA nominated by Phlsph7 (t · c); start discussion
Good article reassessments
- 31 Jan 2023 – Persecution of Zoroastrians was nominated for GA reassessment by Iskandar323 (t · c); see discussion
- 07 Jan 2023 – Nonviolent Communication was nominated for GA reassessment by NowIsntItTime (t · c); see discussion
Requests for comments
- 07 Jan 2023 – Welfare colonialism has been put up for PR by Iguana0000 (t · c); see discussion
- 23 Dec 2022 – Models of communication has been put up for PR by Phlsph7 (t · c); see discussion
- 03 Feb 2023 – Cucking stool is requested to be moved to Ducking stool by Belbury (t · c); see discussion
- 01 Feb 2023 – Citizenship Act (Slovakia) is requested to be moved to Slovak nationality law by Onlk (t · c); see discussion
- undated – 2023 Brazilian Congress attack is requested to be moved
Articles to be merged
- 07 Jan 2023 – Feminist views on transgender topics is proposed for merging to TERF by XTheBedrockX (t · c); see discussion
- 04 Jan 2023 – Urban renewal is proposed for merging to #Controversy by Beland (t · c); see [[Talk:#Controversy|discussion]]
- 21 Dec 2022 – Anarchism and animal rights is proposed for merging to Total liberation by Grnrchst (t · c); see discussion
- 13 Dec 2022 – Egalitarian community is proposed for merging to Intentional community by FatalSubjectivities (t · c); see discussion
- 27 Nov 2022 – Environmentalism is proposed for merging to Environmental movement by Hanif Al Husaini (t · c); see discussion
- 17 Nov 2022 – Psychological safety is proposed for merging to Emotional security by PhotographyEdits (t · c); see discussion
- 21 Oct 2022 – Medical law is proposed for merging to Health law by InsaneHacker (t · c); see discussion
- 03 Oct 2022 – Environmental movement is proposed for merging to Environmentalism by FatalSubjectivities (t · c); see discussion
- 01 Sep 2022 – Chronology of Western colonialism is proposed for merging to Timeline of European imperialism by Lights and freedom (t · c); see discussion
- 16 Jul 2022 – The Three Types of Legitimate Rule is proposed for merging to Tripartite classification of authority by Ael 2 (t · c); see discussion
- (4 more...)
Articles to be split
- 10 Jan 2023 – 2023 Brazilian Congress attack is proposed for splitting by Knowledgekid87 (t · c); see discussion
- 21 Aug 2022 – Punishment is proposed for splitting by Coin945 (t · c); see discussion
- 31 Jul 2022 – Sex education is proposed for splitting by Iniquity (t · c); see discussion
- 21 Jun 2022 – Disadvantaged is proposed for splitting by 220.127.116.11 (t · c); see discussion
- 04 Feb 2022 – Internet culture is proposed for splitting by Duckmather (t · c); see discussion
- 10 Jan 2022 – Millennials is proposed for splitting by A. C. Santacruz (t · c); see discussion
- 20 Oct 2021 – New Woman is proposed for splitting by Mr. Guye (t · c); see discussion
- 22 Jul 2021 – Immigration to the United States is proposed for splitting by DesertPipeline (t · c); see discussion
- 25 Apr 2021 – Police corruption is proposed for splitting by Super Dromaeosaurus (t · c); see discussion
- 09 Feb 2021 – Oppositional culture is proposed for splitting by BDD (t · c); see discussion
- (2 more...)
Articles for creation
- 02 Feb 2023 – Draft:Barbara McInnis has been submitted for AfC by Elttaruuu (t · c)
- 01 Feb 2023 – Draft:Paramedicalization has been submitted for AfC by NepalFinland (t · c)
- 29 Jan 2023 – Draft:Extended peer community has been submitted for AfC by Saltean (t · c)
- 20 Jan 2023 – Draft:Imogen Tyler has been submitted for AfC by Onel5969 (t · c)
- 04 Jan 2023 – Draft:Joya Misra has been submitted for AfC by 2600:1700:65F1:144F:745B:9B35:9418:9E52 (t · c)
- 04 Jan 2023 – Draft:Dev Sharma has been submitted for AfC by Wikieditor92817 (t · c)
- 08 Dec 2022 – Draft:Harald A. Mieg has been submitted for AfC by Matthias A. Naef (t · c)
- 08 Dec 2022 – Draft:Loretta Lees has been submitted for AfC by Swadd27 (t · c)
- 02 Dec 2022 – Draft:Video Data Analysis has been submitted for AfC by Kdcc (t · c)
- 18 Nov 2022 – Draft:Maximum total compensation gap has been submitted for AfC by Avdon (t · c)
- (2 more...)
Please feel free to improve new sociology-related articles, including possibly some of those listed here from AlexNewArtBot/SociologySearchResult. New articles should be reviewed to see if they fit within the scope of this project. If they do, our WikiProject assessment template should be added to them and they need to be assessed on their talk page for quality and importance. Various copyediting may be required, such as adding a stub template or categories, and the article creators may need to be welcomed to Wikipedia and/or invited to our project.
This list was generated from these rules. Questions and feedback are always welcome! The search is being run daily with the most recent ~14 days of results. Note: Some articles may not be relevant to this project.
Note: The list display can now be customized by each user. See List display personalization for details.
If you are interested in learning more on how to use Wikipedia in teaching, expand the box below to learn more.
How to use Wikipedia in teaching - click on "show" to the right to expand
Consider a student assignment to create or improve articles related to sociology.
Related WikiProjects and pages
- WikiProject Anthropology
- WikiProject Autism
- WikiProject Community
- WikiProject Disability
- WikiProject Discrimination
- WikiProject Ethnic groups
- WikiProject Family and relationships
- WikiProject Feminism
- WikiProject Gender Studies
- WikiProject Globalization
- WikiProject Human rights
- WikiProject LGBT studies
- WikiProject Organizations
- WikiProject Politics
- WikiProject Psychology
- WikiProject Social Work
- List of all subpages of this page
Our members are likely to meet at various sociological conferences around the world. If you are going to a conference and would like to meet with other members of this project, please start a new topic for the conference on our discussion page.