|This is WikiProject Sociology, a collaboration area for Wikipedians interested in improving coverage of Sociology. New participants are welcome; please feel free to participate!|
|Part of a series on|
Welcome to WikiProject Sociology, a collaboration area for Wikipedians interested in improving coverage of sociology on Wikipedia. The project's primary purpose is to provide support for members and any other editors in improving Wikipedia's coverage of sociology. New members are always welcome! Just add your name to our participants list.
This WikiProject aims primarily to improve Wikipedia articles relating to sociology by organizing articles on the subject, locating notable weaknesses, and editing diligently.
Overview of scope
- We cannot include all articles related to social activity: that would be millions of articles (all social facts...). Hence, we focus on those elements that are highly related to and mostly exclusive to sociology.
- Articles on purely sociological issues and terms (such as medical sociology or sociological perspective) should be included.
- Articles on interdisciplinary issues and terms (such as history of sociology, family, traditions or peace movement) should be included.
- Biographies of sociologists who meets the notability requirements outlined at WP:BIO (WP:PROF) should be included.
Maybe in scope
- If the subject is notable and reliable sources exist covering it from the sociological perspective, a specialized article could be created, so topics like the social construction of the British royal family, sociology of fashion or sociology of clothing may get covered. Consider discussing these suggestions in the relevant talk pages.
Out of scope
- Specific entities such as a particular family (House of Windsor) or element of fashion (brasserie, long hair) are too specific and should not be included, even if there are sociological studies of those concepts; we cannot cover the entirety of social reality.
- Biographies of famous persons who have not directly contributed to sociology, even if they are mentioned in many sociological studies (such as Barack Obama, Martin Luther King, or Gandhi), should not be included.
- For further information, please see the ' Assessment' and 'Article lists & tools' tabs for this WikiProject.
|Sociology articles by quality and importance|
|WikiWork factors (?)||ω = 34,736||Ω = 4.70|
The article alerts list provides information on which sociology-related Wikipedia articles are subject to various discussions, including peer review requests, or are in need of urgent assistance and/or review.
Did you know
- 17 Sep 2021 – Yiku sitian was nominated for DYK by DiplomatTesterMan (t · c); see discussion
- 12 Sep 2021 – Elite panic was nominated for DYK by A. C. Santacruz (t · c); see discussion
Articles for deletion
- 18 Sep 2021 – Nobel disease was AfDed by Bilby (t · c); see discussion ( )
- 10 Sep 2021 – Stereotypes of Germans was AfDed by Shushugah (t · c); see discussion ( ; relisted)
- 13 Sep 2021 – What's done is done AfDed by Qwaiiplayer (t · c) was closed as keep by FormalDude (t · c) on 22 Sep 2021; see discussion ( )
- 09 Sep 2021 – Stereotypes of Lebanese people AfDed by Geschichte (t · c) was closed as delete by Explicit (t · c) on 16 Sep 2021; see discussion ( )
Categories for discussion
Redirects for discussion
- 20 Sep 2021 – Public governance →State government was RfDed by Lights and freedom (t · c); see discussion
- 09 Sep 2021 – Stereotypes of Mongoloids →Stereotypes of East Asians in the United States was RfDed by Geschichte (t · c); see discussion
- 18 Sep 2021 – Illegal immigration to New York City is requested to be moved to Undocumented immigration to New York City by Showiecz (t · c); see discussion
- 06 Sep 2021 – School strike for climate is requested to be moved to School Strike for Climate by BappleBusiness (t · c); see discussion
- 05 Sep 2021 – Polandball is requested to be moved to Countryballs by Gaioa (t · c); see discussion
- 04 Sep 2021 – 2019–2021 Chilean protests is requested to be moved to 2019–2020 Chilean protests by Dentren (t · c); see discussion
- 29 Aug 2021 – Societal views on patents is requested to be moved to Criticism of patents by LaundryPizza03 (t · c); see discussion
- 08 Sep 2021 – 1989 Tiananmen Square protests move request to 1989 Tiananmen Square protests and massacre by FormalDude (t · c) was moved to 1989 Tiananmen Square protests and massacre by Sceptre (t · c) on 17 Sep 2021; see discussion
Articles to be merged
- 21 Sep 2021 – Sex and gender distinction is proposed for merging to Gender by Richard3120 (t · c); see discussion
- 21 Sep 2021 – Art commune is proposed for merging to Art colony by Geysirhead (t · c); see discussion
- 15 Sep 2021 – Triskaidekaphobia is proposed for merging to Thirteenth floor by Awesome Aasim (t · c); see discussion
- 11 Sep 2021 – Low birth rate in South Korea is proposed for merging to Aging of South Korea by Klbrain (t · c); see discussion
- 11 Sep 2021 – Sustainable population is proposed for merging to Human overpopulation by Arcahaeoindris (t · c); see discussion
- 09 Sep 2021 – Science studies is proposed for merging to Science and technology studies by Scyrme (t · c); see discussion
- 07 Aug 2021 – Hookup culture is proposed for merging to Hook-up culture by Jono 99 (t · c); see discussion
- 07 Aug 2021 – Hook-up culture is proposed for merging to Hookup culture by Jono 99 (t · c); see discussion
- 10 Jun 2021 – Rite is proposed for merging to Ritual by Scyrme (t · c); see discussion
- 16 May 2021 – Health at Every Size is proposed for merging to Dieting by ReconditeRodent (t · c); see discussion
- (5 more...)
Articles to be split
- 01 Aug 2021 – 2019–2020 Hong Kong protests is proposed for splitting by Jax 0677 (t · c); see discussion
- 22 Jul 2021 – Immigration to the United States is proposed for splitting by DesertPipeline (t · c); see discussion
- 11 Jul 2021 – Critical race theory is proposed for splitting by Jabbi (t · c); see discussion
- 25 Apr 2021 – Police corruption is proposed for splitting by Super Dromaeosaurus (t · c); see discussion
- 14 Feb 2021 – Collective intelligence is proposed for splitting by AngusWOOF (t · c); see discussion
- 09 Feb 2021 – Oppositional culture is proposed for splitting by BDD (t · c); see discussion
- 15 Sep 2020 – Poverty threshold is proposed for splitting by Piotrus (t · c); see discussion
- 09 Sep 2020 – Timeline of the 2019–2020 Hong Kong protests (November 2019) is proposed for splitting by D7CY689 (t · c); see discussion
- 29 Jul 2019 – Hobo is proposed for splitting by Aboideau (t · c); see discussion
Articles for creation
- 16 Sep 2021 – Draft:Dignity Restoration has been submitted for AfC by Aequitas217 (t · c)
- undated – Draft:David Schweitzer (sociologist) has been submitted for AfC
- 12 Aug 2021 – Draft:Käthe Mende submitted for AfC by Cresswan (t · c) was accepted to Käthe Mende by Modussiccandi (t · c) on 17 Sep 2021
Please feel free to improve new sociology-related articles, including possibly some of those listed here from AlexNewArtBot/SociologySearchResult. New articles should be reviewed to see if they fit within the scope of this project. If they do, our WikiProject assessment template should be added to them and they need to be assessed on their talk page for quality and importance. Various copyediting may be required, such as adding a stub template or categories, and the article creators may need to be welcomed to Wikipedia and/or invited to our project.
This list was generated from these rules. Questions and feedback are always welcome! The search is being run daily with the most recent ~14 days of results. Note: Some articles may not be relevant to this project.
Note: The list display can now be customized by each user. See List display personalization for details.
If you are interested in learning more on how to use Wikipedia in teaching, expand the box below to learn more.
How to use Wikipedia in teaching - click on "show" to the right to expand
Consider a student assignment to create or improve articles related to sociology.
Related WikiProjects and pages
- WikiProject Anthropology
- WikiProject Autism
- WikiProject Community
- WikiProject Disability
- WikiProject Discrimination
- WikiProject Ethnic groups
- WikiProject Family and relationships
- WikiProject Feminism
- WikiProject Gender Studies
- WikiProject Globalization
- WikiProject Human rights
- WikiProject LGBT studies
- WikiProject Organizations
- WikiProject Politics
- WikiProject Psychology
- WikiProject Social Work
- List of all subpages of this page
Our members are likely to meet at various sociological conferences around the world. If you are going to a conference and would like to meet with other members of this project, please start a new topic for the conference on our discussion page.