|WikiProject Sociology||Project talk||Participants||Task force||Assessment||To do||Article lists & tools||Popular pages||Peer review||Templates||Category tree|
|This is a WikiProject, an area for focused collaboration among Wikipedians. New participants are welcome; please feel free to join!|
Welcome to WikiProject Sociology, a collaboration area for Wikipedians interested in improving coverage of sociology on Wikipedia. The project's primary purpose is to provide support for members and any other editors in improving Wikipedia's coverage of sociology. New members are always welcome! Just add your name to our participants list.
This WikiProject aims primarily to improve Wikipedia articles relating to sociology by organizing articles on the subject, locating notable weaknesses, and editing diligently. Criteria for including articles under this project's banner include:
- We cannot include all articles related to social activity: that would be millions of articles (all social facts...). Hence, we focus on those elements that are highly related to and mostly exclusive to sociology.
- Articles on purely sociological issues and terms (such as medical sociology or sociological perspective) should be included.
- Articles on interdisciplinary issues and terms (such as history of sociology, family, traditions or peace movement) should be included.
- But articles on specific entities such as a particular family (House of Windsor) or element of fashion (brasserie, long hair) are too specific and should not be included, even if there are sociological studies of those concepts; we cannot cover the entirety of social reality. If the subject is notable and reliable sources exist covering it from the sociological perspective, we could however create more specialized articles, so topics like the social construction of the British royal family, sociology of fashion or sociology of clothing may get covered.
- A biography of a sociologist who meets the notability requirements outlined at WP:BIO (WP:PROF) should be included. But biographies of famous persons who have not directly contributed to sociology, even if they are mentioned in many sociological studies (such as Barack Obama, Martin Luther King, or Gandhi), should not be included.
- For further information, please see the ' Assessment' and 'Article lists & tools' tabs for this WikiProject.
|Sociology articles by quality and importance|
|WikiWork factors (?)||ω =22,899||Ω = 4.80|
The article alerts list provides information on which sociology-related Wikipedia articles are subject to various discussions, including peer review requests, or are in need of urgent assistance and/or review.
- Categories for discussion
- 18 Jul 2018 – Category:Rape in film was CfDed by Doniago (t · c); see discussion
- 18 Jul 2018 – Category:Proms in films was CfDed by Doniago (t · c); see discussion
- 15 Jul 2018 – Category:Academic works about sociology was CfDed by Fayenatic london (t · c); see discussion
- 11 Jul 2018 – Category:Community organizing was CfDed by Mr. Guye (t · c); see discussion
- 14 Jun 2018 – Category:Activists who committed suicide was CfDed by Biochemistry&Love (t · c); see discussion
- 14 Jun 2018 – Category:Social scientists who committed suicide was CfDed by Biochemistry&Love (t · c); see discussion
- 11 Jul 2018 – Category:Economic development, innovation, technological change, and growth CfDed by Marcocapelle (t · c) was closed; see discussion
- Redirects for discussion
- 17 Jul 2018 – Black Muslim Movement →Muslim world was RfDed by Man77 (t · c); see discussion
- 17 Jul 2018 – I-Self Lord and Master →Muslim world was RfDed by Man77 (t · c); see discussion
- 17 Jul 2018 – Faradian Islam →Muslim world was RfDed by Man77 (t · c); see discussion
- Miscellany for deletion
- Good article nominees
- Requests for comments
- 16 Jul 2018 – Political views of American academics has an RfC by Netoholic (t · c); see discussion
- 11 Jul 2018 – Microaggression has an RfC by Drcchutch (t · c); see discussion
- 27 Jun 2018 – Alt-right has an RfC by Beyond My Ken (t · c); see discussion
- Requested moves
- 09 Jul 2018 – History of psychiatric institutions move request by Netoholic (t · c) was closed; see discussion
Please feel free to improve new sociology-related articles, including possibly some of those listed here from AlexNewArtBot/SociologySearchResult. New articles should be reviewed to see if they fit within the scope of this project. If they do, our WikiProject assessment template should be added to them and they need to be assessed on their talk page for quality and importance. Various copyediting may be required, such as adding a stub template or categories, and the article creators may need to be welcomed to Wikipedia and/or invited to our project.
This list was generated from these rules. Questions and feedback are always welcome! The search is being run daily with the most recent ~14 days of results. Note: Some articles may not be relevant to this project.
Note: The list display can now be customized by each user. See List display personalization for details.
If you are interested in learning more on how to use Wikipedia in teaching, expand the box below to learn more.
|How to use Wikipedia in teaching - click on "show" to the right to expand|
Consider a student assignment to create or improve articles related to sociology.
Related WikiProjects and pages
- WikiProject Anthropology
- WikiProject Autism
- WikiProject Community
- WikiProject Disability
- WikiProject Discrimination
- WikiProject Ethnic groups
- WikiProject Family and relationships
- WikiProject Feminism
- WikiProject Gender studies
- WikiProject Globalization
- WikiProject Human rights
- WikiProject LGBT studies
- WikiProject Organizations
- WikiProject Politics
- WikiProject Psychology
- WikiProject Social work
- List of all subpages of this page
Our members are likely to meet at various sociological conferences around the world. If you are going to a conference and would like to meet with other members of this project, please start a new topic for the conference on our discussion page.