Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Stagecraft
|This is the talk page for discussing WikiProject Stagecraft and anything related to its purposes and tasks.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6|
|WikiProject Stagecraft||(Rated Project-class)|
- 1 Coordinators' working group
- 2 Article alerts
- 3 Texas votes to regulate lighting designers
- 4 Are there enough articles on this subject to justify an Outline of stagecraft?
- 5 "Half" vandalism by User:Haitiansensati0n2
- 6 Missing theatre topics
- 7 Intelligent Fixtures
- 8 Merge Proposal
- 9 Frontpage Redesign
- 10 how do you talk on wikipedia can someone tell ne please
- 11 Stagecraft articles have been selected for the Wikipedia 0.8 release
- 12 Layout fault
- 13 Batten (theater)
- 14 Theatre Project collaboration
- 15 Anyone still kicking around?
- 16 Wikipedia day at NYPLPA
- 17 British stage database help
- 18 "Cue sheet"
- 19 One of your project's articles has been featured
- 20 Lighting designer is up for deletion
- 21 Leaflet for Wikiproject Stagecraft at Wikimania 2014
- 22 Comment on the WikiProject X proposal
- 23 WikiProject X is live!
Coordinators' working group
Hi! I'd like to draw your attention to the new WikiProject coordinators' working group, an effort to bring both official and unofficial WikiProject coordinators together so that the projects can more easily develop consensus and collaborate. This group has been created after discussion regarding possible changes to the A-Class review system, and that may be one of the first things discussed by interested coordinators.
All designated project coordinators are invited to join this working group. If your project hasn't formally designated any editors as coordinators, but you are someone who regularly deals with coordination tasks in the project, please feel free to join as well. — Delievered by §hepBot (Disable) on behalf of the WikiProject coordinators' working group at 06:39, 28 February 2009 (UTC)
This is a notice to let you know about Article alerts, a fully-automated subscription-based news delivery system designed to notify WikiProjects and Taskforces when articles are entering Articles for deletion, Requests for comment, Peer review and other workflows (full list). The reports are updated on a daily basis, and provide brief summaries of what happened, with relevant links to discussion or results when possible. A certain degree of customization is available; WikiProjects and Taskforces can choose which workflows to include, have individual reports generated for each workflow, have deletion discussion transcluded on the reports, and so on. An example of a customized report can be found here.
If you are already subscribed to Article Alerts, it is now easier to report bugs and request new features. We are also in the process of implementing a "news system", which would let projects know about ongoing discussions on a wikipedia-wide level, and other things of interest. The developers also note that some subscribing WikiProjects and Taskforces use the
display=none parameter, but forget to give a link to their alert page. Your alert page should be located at "Wikipedia:PROJECT-OR-TASKFORCE-HOMEPAGE/Article alerts". Questions and feedback should be left at Wikipedia talk:Article alerts.
Texas votes to regulate lighting designers
Here in New Zealand we did away with having to have a Registed electrician operating the lighting board (or at least standing in a corner in case anything happened) some time in the 60s. Leaderofearth (talk) 05:01, 3 June 2009 (UTC)
For the record, this has been resolved. The legislation was inititally intended for architechtural lighting designers, not theatre ones, but after the fuss our industry raised, they stuck the language completely. 48v (talk) 18:49, 5 June 2009 (UTC)
Are there enough articles on this subject to justify an Outline of stagecraft?
Now back to the question...
The Transhumanist 01:25, 31 July 2009 (UTC)
"Half" vandalism by User:Haitiansensati0n2
I would like to draw your attention to this user, though some of the things he has done are I think legit at some level (ie. the article about intelligent light does not have to feature only Martin fixtures) it seems from this users contibutions that s/he is a Chauvet employee and has done some damage to articles... It also seems that the images used by said user are Chauvet publicity images which may be copyrighted.... (though s/he claims them to be own work)
- Further research has shown that the images are publicity material straight from chauvet's website, which incidentally warns of their copyright when you attempt to save their images....
- --Keeper of the Keys (talk) 14:19, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
Missing theatre topics
I know going into this that I am opening up a HUGE argument, but should we really be using the term “intelligent fixture“ instead of “automated luminaaire“? huh? 22:04, 10 June 2010 (UTC)
- We use standard terms. I have never heard anyone say "automated luminaire". Binksternet (talk) 05:12, 11 June 2010 (UTC)
- Fair enough. The university theatre program I attended uses "automated luminaire" (well...or "wiggle light"), but using the industry standard term is clearly correct. Thank you for clarifying. huh? 20:32, 15 June 2010 (UTC)
- As an aside, "Protocol" Magazine uses automated luminaire (in it's article on ACN and RDM no less), while "Professional Light and Sound" and "Lighting and Sound America" Magazines use the term "automated lighting" or "automated fixture". I don't imagine that makes it an industry standard, but those ARE industry trade magazines... huh? 17:57, 16 June 2010 (UTC)
I'm proposing merging top hat (lighting) into Barn doors, and then expanding the article into one about lighting accessories generally (gel frames, iris', etc.) This new article can then be linked into Stage lighting instrument. Color scroller looks big enough to stand alone. huh? 20:51, 16 June 2010 (UTC)
- Some articles use a "View full article" mention, maybe something of this nature could be used on the accessories page to link into scrollers? This would keep all the basics in one page, but allow those wanting more information easy, logical access. LightRobb (talk) 18:00, 19 April 2012 (UTC)
One more for good measure - I'm proposing the merger of Fly crew (focused on counterweight systems), with Rigger (entertainment) (more general and includes a note about flying people.) huh? 05:09, 25 June 2010 (UTC)
- Anyone else seeing this second section, there is a full discussion of this on the aforementioned page. LightRobb (talk) 18:00, 19 April 2012 (UTC)
how do you talk on wikipedia can someone tell ne please
- Madmario123, it's been over 7 months since you posted this question. If it might still help you to know, what Wikipedia calls 'talk' and also calls (the same things) 'discussion' and 'chat' does not mean live chatting as we have in instant messengers like AIM or like internet phone services such as Skype. 'Talk' here means posting a message, like you did above and I am doing here, on the (official tab name) Discussion page, also called the Talk page which has a tab next to the main public display page of an article, of a WikiProject, or any other item in any other part of Wikipedia.
- The other thing you can do to 'talk' to some users but not all, according to how they set their personal preferences, is to go to the User's profile page and see if there's an option to send an email outside of Wikipedia to that person.
- How are you doing with talking, now, are you getting the hang of it, Madmario123? - Pandelver (talk) 21:21, 18 March 2011 (UTC)
Stagecraft articles have been selected for the Wikipedia 0.8 release
Version 0.8 is a collection of Wikipedia articles selected by the Wikipedia 1.0 team for offline release on USB key, DVD and mobile phone. Articles were selected based on their assessed importance and quality, then article versions (revisionIDs) were chosen for trustworthiness (freedom from vandalism) using an adaptation of the WikiTrust algorithm.
We would like to ask you to review the Stagecraft articles and revisionIDs we have chosen. Selected articles are marked with a diamond symbol (♦) to the right of each article, and this symbol links to the selected version of each article. If you believe we have included or excluded articles inappropriately, please contact us at Wikipedia talk:Version 0.8 with the details. You may wish to look at your WikiProject's articles with cleanup tags and try to improve any that need work; if you do, please give us the new revisionID at Wikipedia talk:Version 0.8. We would like to complete this consultation period by midnight UTC on Monday, October 11th.
We have greatly streamlined the process since the Version 0.7 release, so we aim to have the collection ready for distribution by the end of October, 2010. As a result, we are planning to distribute the collection much more widely, while continuing to work with groups such as One Laptop per Child and Wikipedia for Schools to extend the reach of Wikipedia worldwide. Please help us, with your WikiProject's feedback!
For the Wikipedia 1.0 editorial team, SelectionBot 23:40, 19 September 2010 (UTC)
The layout for this page is not showing correctly on my browser, Safari 5.02 for Mac. The narrow box on the right has content that does not align on its left margin, beginning with the phrase "Tag the talk pages." Unfortunately, I can find no easy way to make any corrections myself. Sincerely, GeorgeLouis (talk) 19:35, 28 November 2010 (UTC)
Hello, my friends: A group of us are working on clearing the backlog at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Articles_lacking_sources_from_October_2006. The article in the above header has been without sources for the past four years and might be removed if none are added. I wonder if you can help find one or two good references. Sincerely, and all the best to you, GeorgeLouis (talk) 19:36, 28 November 2010 (UTC)
|Hello! You are invited to participate in the Theatre Project's Collaboration of the Month. This time it's the Theatre article. In the last 30 days, this article received 52,500 hits, or roughly 2,000 every day. Hope you can help!
Nominate an article that could be greatly improved.
Anyone still kicking around?
- I'm keeping half an eye on it, but I'm not actively advancing the aims of the project. Binksternet (talk) 18:56, 13 August 2011 (UTC)
Wikipedia day at NYPLPA
As part of the Wikipedia Loves Libraries program, The New York Public Library for the Performing Arts will be having a Wikipedia editathon on Saturday, Oct. 22, as part of New York City's Meetup group. Though the day is billed as Wikipedia:The Musical (i.e. with focus on musical theatre), that in no way excludes topics that would be well-covered by that library, including theatre, opera and classical music. Here's NYPL's blurb: Wikipedia: The Musical!
British stage database help
If you know anything that might be analogous to www.IBDb.com for West End theatre please chime in at Wikipedia_talk:WikiProject_Theatre#West_End_theatre_database.--TonyTheTiger (T/C/BIO/WP:CHICAGO/WP:FOUR) 15:54, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
One of your project's articles has been featured
Lighting designer is up for deletion
Just a note to those who have this page watch-listed, Lighting designer, which is actually about stage lighting designers, is up for deletion at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Lighting designer. Comments welcome. --Mark viking (talk) 20:22, 21 March 2014 (UTC)
Leaflet for Wikiproject Stagecraft at Wikimania 2014
My name is Adi Khajuria and I am helping out with Wikimania 2014 in London.
One of our initiatives is to create leaflets to increase the discoverability of various wikimedia projects, and showcase the breadth of activity within wikimedia. Any kind of project can have a physical paper leaflet designed - for free - as a tool to help recruit new contributors. These leaflets will be printed at Wikimania 2014, and the designs can be re-used in the future at other events and locations.
This is particularly aimed at highlighting less discoverable but successful projects, e.g:
• Active Wikiprojects: Wikiproject Medicine, WikiProject Video Games, Wikiproject Film
• Tech projects/Tools, which may be looking for either users or developers.
• Less known major projects: Wikinews, Wikidata, Wikivoyage, etc.
• Wiki Loves Parliaments, Wiki Loves Monuments, Wiki Loves ____
• Wikimedia thematic organisations, Wikiwomen’s Collaborative, The Signpost
The deadline for submissions is 1st July 2014
For more information or to sign up for one for your project, go to:
Adikhajuria (talk) 11:07, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
Comment on the WikiProject X proposal
Hello there! As you may already know, most WikiProjects here on Wikipedia struggle to stay active after they've been founded. I believe there is a lot of potential for WikiProjects to facilitate collaboration across subject areas, so I have submitted a grant proposal with the Wikimedia Foundation for the "WikiProject X" project. WikiProject X will study what makes WikiProjects succeed in retaining editors and then design a prototype WikiProject system that will recruit contributors to WikiProjects and help them run effectively. Please review the proposal here and leave feedback. If you have any questions, you can ask on the proposal page or leave a message on my talk page. Thank you for your time! (Also, sorry about the posting mistake earlier. If someone already moved my message to the talk page, feel free to remove this posting.) Harej (talk) 22:48, 1 October 2014 (UTC)
WikiProject X is live!
You may have received a message from me earlier asking you to comment on my WikiProject X proposal. The good news is that WikiProject X is now live! In our first phase, we are focusing on research. At this time, we are looking for people to share their experiences with WikiProjects: good, bad, or neutral. We are also looking for WikiProjects that may be interested in trying out new tools and layouts that will make participating easier and projects easier to maintain. If you or your WikiProject are interested, check us out! Note that this is an opt-in program; no WikiProject will be required to change anything against its wishes. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!
Note: To receive additional notifications about WikiProject X on this talk page, please add this page to Wikipedia:WikiProject X/Newsletter. Otherwise, this will be the last notification sent about WikiProject X.