|This is a WikiProject, an area for focused collaboration among Wikipedians. New participants are welcome; please feel free to participate!
Welcome to WikiProject Theatre! The goal of this project is to improve all articles relating to theatre, making Wikipedia one of the best online resources on the subject.
As it currently stands, the vast majority of these articles are in need of some serious attention. While many of the important topics do have existing articles, the quality of these can be quite poor. If you would like to participate in the project, please sign up below, look for jobs in the to-do list, and join in with project-related discussions at the talk page.
WP:THEATRE • WP:THEATER
WP:THEATRES • WP:THEATERS
Any and all articles related to theatre on Wikipedia, including, but not limited to:
- Drama (including plays)
- Theatrical biographies (such as playwrights, actors, theatre directors, theatrical producers and theatre companies)
- Theatre history (including Greek theatre, Chinese theatre, Roman theatre, Commedia dell'arte, Kabuki, Renaissance theatre, Epic theatre etc.)
- Modern theatre (i.e. experimental theatre, Theatre of Cruelty, physical theatre etc.)
- Genres (comedy, tragedy, etc.)
- Theatres, i.e. theatre buildings, venues and structures
- Stagecraft topics
Theatre is a very broad topic! There are several descendant and related projects to help organise work on theatrical articles:
- WikiProject Musical Theatre covers musicals and biographies relating solely to musical theatre.
- WikiProject New York City/Theatre covers theatre-related activities in the New York City area.
- WikiProject Shakespeare covers William Shakespeare and his works.
- WikiProject Stagecraft covers the details of stagecraft.
- Other related WikiProjects include
- WikiProject Dance
- WikiProject Opera
- WikiProject Literature
- WikiProject Circus
- To improve the quality of articles on theatre, bringing articles on important topics up to featured article standard.
- To create articles to cover the topic of theatre comprehensively, including articles on non-western theatre.
- To make Wikipedia the finest, most comprehensive resource of theatre topics available online.
Improve the bird's eye view
The entire subject and Wikipedia's coverage of it is intended to be summarized in the Outline of theatre. It in turn is part of Wikipedia's outline system which is one of Wikipedia's main contents systems.
Please look it over and fill-in missing topics. If Wikipedia has an article or article section about those topics, please add links to them.
While analyzing the outline, please consider the following questions (and fix the outline as needed):
- What's missing?
- Is the structure of the outline (sections and indents) representative of the subject?
- Does the outline help understand the relationships between the topics presented in the best way possible?
The overall purpose of the outline is to help readers comprehend the subject by showing what belongs to it, and within the subject what belongs to what. It is a taxonomy of the subject, and also serves as a table of contents and navigation aid to browse Wikipedia's articles (and article sections) about the subject.
It is also a useful tool for the WikiProject to analyze, plan, develop, and revise theatre-related material. It is a hub from which to organize related topics. It was built as a "reverse outline", a structural model of an existing work, which in addition to being a summary of the work, can reveal the gaps and other weaknesses for revision purposes.
- Improve top priority theatre articles (stubs | start-class | C-class | B-class)
- Create new articles - we have a list of plays and related articles identified by the project at articles needing creation, or see the Theatre section of Wikipedia requested articles.
- Prioritise work on articles found in unknown-importance Theatre articles - see article assessment to help decide if an article is of top, high, mid or low importance to the project.
- Collaboration of the month - vote for the focus of next month's efforts.
- ...or work towards our goals in any way you can!
| To-do list for Wikipedia:WikiProject Theatre:
A list of articles needing cleanup associated with this project is available. See also the tool's wiki page and the index of WikiProjects.
Did you know
- 16 Mar 2023 – N. Porsenna (talk · edit · hist) was nominated for DYK by Dahn (t · c); see discussion
Articles for deletion
- 14 Mar 2023 – Adam El Hagar (talk · edit · hist) was AfDed by Magnolia677 (t · c); see discussion (5 participants; relisted)
- 13 Mar 2023 – Asa Elliott (talk · edit · hist) AfDed by Scope creep (t · c) was closed as delete by Liz (t · c) on 20 Mar 2023; see discussion (5 participants)
Good article nominees
- 27 Feb 2023 – Jan Kochanowski (talk · edit · hist) was GA nominated by Piotrus (t · c); start discussion
- 27 Jan 2023 – The Chatwal New York (talk · edit · hist) was GA nominated by Epicgenius (t · c); start discussion
- 08 Jan 2023 – Circle in the Square Theatre (talk · edit · hist) was GA nominated by Epicgenius (t · c); start discussion
- 26 Dec 2022 – Stage works of Paul Goodman (talk · edit · hist) was GA nominated by Czar (t · c); start discussion
- 17 Dec 2022 – Glynis Johns (talk · edit · hist) was GA nominated by Annoyed-Briefs-in-Jenkins (t · c); start discussion
- 04 Nov 2022 – Sam H. Harris Theatre (talk · edit · hist) was GA nominated by Epicgenius (t · c); start discussion
- 29 Sep 2022 – Empire Theatre (42nd Street) (talk · edit · hist) was GA nominated by Epicgenius (t · c); see discussion
- 23 Sep 2022 – New Victory Theater (talk · edit · hist) was GA nominated by Epicgenius (t · c); see discussion
Good article reassessments
- 12 Mar 2023 – Deborah Kerr (talk · edit · hist) nominated for GA reassessment by Onegreatjoke (t · c) was closed; see discussion
Requests for comments
- 17 Mar 2023 – Rod Steiger (talk · edit · hist) has an RfC by Nemov (t · c); see discussion
Articles to be merged
- 12 Dec 2022 – Dramatic structure (talk · edit · hist) is proposed for merging to Narrative structure by KimYunmi (t · c); see discussion
Articles to be split
- 02 Feb 2023 – The Playhouse, Cheltenham (talk · edit · hist) is proposed for splitting by MIDI (t · c); see discussion
- 19 Oct 2022 – Olympia Theatre (New York City) (talk · edit · hist) is proposed for splitting by Oknazevad (t · c); see discussion
- 13 Jan 2022 – Bijou Theatre (Manhattan) (talk · edit · hist) is proposed for splitting by Epicgenius (t · c); see discussion
- 02 Sep 2017 – List of 20th-century writers (talk · edit · hist) is proposed for splitting by Koavf (t · c); see discussion
Articles for creation
- 24 Mar 2023 – Draft:Nabiyah Be (talk · edit · hist) has been submitted for AfC by Bellcamr (t · c)
- 22 Mar 2023 – Draft:Jayne Regan Pink (talk · edit · hist) has been submitted for AfC by Magoon11 (t · c)
- 22 Mar 2023 – Draft:Rick Ferrari (talk · edit · hist) has been submitted for AfC by BuddhaBassist (t · c)
- 10 Mar 2023 – Draft:Congleton Players (talk · edit · hist) has been submitted for AfC by Maurice Oly (t · c)
- 09 Mar 2023 – Draft:Ticker (Play) (talk · edit · hist) has been submitted for AfC by Qwerfjkl (bot) (t · c)
- 09 Mar 2023 – Draft:Sarah Soetaert (talk · edit · hist) has been submitted for AfC by Corneliuschronicles (t · c)
- 07 Mar 2023 – Draft:The Kick & Push Festival (talk · edit · hist) has been submitted for AfC by James Hyett (t · c)
- 07 Mar 2023 – Draft:Claudia Bruce (talk · edit · hist) has been submitted for AfC by LMCBARCHIVE23 (t · c)
- 02 Mar 2023 – Draft:Mei Mac (talk · edit · hist) has been submitted for AfC by Updatertheatre (t · c)
- 02 Mar 2023 – Draft:Aleksandra Bednarz (talk · edit · hist) has been submitted for AfC by Lavalavalava3 (t · c)
- (26 more...)
Click to watch (Subscribe via RSS Atom) · Find Article Alerts for other topics!
Hi there! I came across this WikiProject and definitely think it links to my article that I am currently working on 'The Modern Theatre is the Epic Theatre'. I would really appreciate some feedback on my article from the reviewers connected to this WikiProject. Thanks guys! Happy editing!
|Theatre articles by quality and importance|
|WikiWork factors (?)||ω = 99,319||Ω = 5.10|
|Articles assessed for quality: 99.5% complete|
Former Featured Articles
- See Wikipedia:WikiProject Theatre/Featured Articles for a list of current and former featured articles.
Did you know (DYK)s
- See Portal:Theatre/DYK for related WP:DYKs that appeared on the Main Page.
|WikiProject Theatre||(Rated NA-class)|
- Category:Musical theatre
- List of playwrights
- Movie palaces list
- List of musicals
- List of Canadian plays
- List of early-modern women playwrights (UK)
- Links to recent changes in theatre-related articles
- Internet Broadway Database
- Internet Movie Database - contains a surprising amount of information on live theatre.
- Playbill Magazine - information on current theatre.
- TheatreLinks - information on historic American theatres.
- Cinema Treasures - information about historic theatres that have served as cinemas.
- Internet Theatre Database
- de:Portal:Theater - the Theatre portal on the German Wikipedia
- AusStage - Gateway to the Australian Performing Arts
- Global Performing Arts Database
Popular pages: page view statistics
Wikipedia:WikiProject Theatre/Popular pages shows the 1000 pages in this project that receive the most traffic. This gives an idea of which pages are popular and might need attention (if their quality level is not as high as we would wish).
- Steven Walling
- Dionysos Proteus
- Robert Greer
- Thomprod - stage manager, lighting designer, orchestra conductor, rehearsal pianist
- Maxim Stoyalov
- Mark E (talk)
- Declan Clam
- Mdukas - trained audience member
- Mfs1013 wants to program moving lights for theatre
- Matthewrbowker - High School Thespian, Lighting Designer
- Aaron Booth - Actor
- Blethering Scot
- ArtifexMayhem - Professional.
- Beth Phillips - Ph.D English/Theatre History. Doctoral dissertation on Clifford Odets; currently writing biography of Odets.
- Tito Dutta (talk)
- Sirkablaam Just did some theatre in high school and college.
- Jburlinson Restoration theatre and American theater.
- Maxim Stoyalov
- The Dancing Badger (talk)
- Saslos Theatre designers
- Alexandru M. (talk · contribs)
- Abishe (talk · contribs)
- Andrew Hendo (talk · contribs)
- Bardoleg (talk · contribs)
- ClarityKTMpls (talk · contribs)
- Menmsha Actor, musician. Primarily interested in Los Angeles theatre.
- PhantomRed Actor, singer.
- Elizabeth Tavares Renaissance/English theatre history
- 50DFF Interested in Irish Theatre
- Taranet (talk · contribs)
- Codecinderblock Lighting Designer
- Wale18 Actor
- BessieMaelstrom Playwright, theatre maker
- Chip Bored person
- Mónica Morgantown
- Babegriev (talk · contribs) Theatre enthusiast
- ThirdEchelon (talk) 12:46, 15 September 2020 (UTC) - music director, rehearsal pianist, orchestrator, actress
- Ninedragonspot American aficionado of traditional theater in the Sinosphere.
- Brucehs (talk · contribs) Lighting Designer and Theater Aninmal.
- Favour Oko
- Chongkian - Taiwan theaters
- Allyox (talk) primarily interested in Oxford-based theatre and theatre makers
- Kevin M Marshall
- Girl-razor, primarily interested in European theatre
- Duckie for broadway
- Canadian Scouter
- Steven J. Anderson
- Carole Higgins
- John Thaxter
- Sebbi - primarily interested in contemporary theatre practices.
- KlickingKarl - interest in UK theatre buildings.
- Brettstout Interest in movie palaces
- CPolo Interested in amateur theater
- Thatguykalem - Trained actor.
- Sean - HS Thespian and techie
- 15lsoucy - Plays of Racine
- waltjohnson - BA and MFA in Technical Theatre w/pro exp. ad Tech Dir, Asst Tech Dir, and Production Mgr
- OperaticNun - Interested in Irish and Shakespearean/classical theatre
- Sum (talk) 10:13, 21 September 2010 (UTC)
- Act Class 1742
- ÇaCestCharabia - PhD Candidate in Theatre History
- Jwyllie - primary interest in improvisational theatre - co-founder of Canadian Improv Games - studied under David Shepherd
- JoyceJoyce1 - Professional.
- Alexroller - Professional actor doing mostly amateur productions, intend to pursue as a career.
- James Fahringer
- Alla Breve
- Leigh C. Tyler
- User:Nightenbelle - Minor in theater, Former High school Thespian, High School Theater Teacher, Active in the Twin Lakes Playhouse Community Theater.
- Dental plan (Lisa needs braces)
- Rosario Berganza
- Voltaire&Leibniz Enlightenment France and ancient Greek plays.
- Ninquelosse Oscar Wilde's plays
- Parasitaster - Elizabethan/Jacobean theatre; musical theatre; opera.
- Bd1896 - Ph.D. in Theatre/English Professor. 19c/early 20c US theatre.
- Chickeninapram - Deputy technical mgr RSC 1998-2003
- tomnnnn PhD Student. Interested in contemporary British theatre.
- Solness (talk · contribs)
- jwvarner Confused peasant looking for guidance.
- Paracosms (talk · contribs)
- User:aka bekka Modern Theater , Performance, live art
- Caleb Bond - Actor
- poisonborz Hungarian theatres and actors