Wikipedia:WikiProject University of Virginia
Welcome to WikiProject University of Virginia! This is a public forum for anyone to collaborate with others in developing Wikipedia articles related to the University of Virginia or to meet other Wikimedia enthusiasts at UVA for in-person wiki events and activities.
Everyone is welcome to join! The Wikipedia community maintains this project independently of UVA's administration in the usual wiki way.
Activities of this WikiProject
This project invites everyone to develop Wikimedia content related to UVA. Anyone can tag the talk pages of relevant English Wikipedia articles with this WikiProject's support template. Tagging in this way will list a wiki article on this project's ranking box by importance and quality. In general, anyone developing the articles which are highest importance but lowest quality would have the most impact, but feel free to engage with Wikimedia projects however you like. Anyone should edit whatever interests them!
UVA community programs and events
Wiki editors organize programs and events in which people develop Wikipedia articles and related Wikimedia content. This project invites anyone who organizes a UVA-related event to list it here. In general, the community of wiki editors at UVA support any wiki event in Charlottesville.
- National Autism Awareness Month 2018
- Intro to Wikidata, the Database for Wikipedia and Beyond, a 12 April 2018 talk at Tom Tom Festival
- Library meetup spring 2018
- Data Science Institute meetup March 2018
- ENWR 1510 (Fall 2017), Writing about Digital Media
- Art+Feminism 2017 @ University of Virginia Library – Fine Arts Library
- Take Back the Night at UVA, April 2016
- Art+Feminism 2016 @ Nancy Murphy Spicer Studio
- Media from the Miller Center at Commons:Category:Miller Center of Public Affairs since 2013