Wikipedia:WikiProject Video games/Newsletter/20120105/News
News and announcements
- There were 87 new articles in October 2011.
- There were 115 new articles in November 2011.
- There were 155 new articles in December 2011.
- The website for video game magazine Edge has altered the URLs for most of its pages, which resulted in many broken links in our references. Most of the links have been fixed, but a few remain and need to be updated. See the archived discussion for details.
- GamePro discontinued its magazine and website. The webpages that were used as references were archived and added to the current citations thanks to the help of several editors. See the archived discussion for details.
- The visual novel task force is now a joint WikiProject task force with the anime and manga WikiProject.
- Members have created a collaboration page to evaluate the project's old Featured articles. Please help keep our articles up to par.
- There is a discussion to rename the project from Wikipedia:WikiProject Video games to Wikipedia:WikiProject Video Games
On the Main Page
Several video game articles appeared on Wikipedia's Main Page between October and December 2011. Congratulations to the contributing editors!
The following were Today's featured article on the following dates:
- Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare on November 5
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker on November 26
- Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo on December 18
The following were Today's featured list on the following dates:
- List of Nintendo 64 games on November 7
- Editor's note: Would also like to mention List of Donkey Kong video games on August 15 since we failed to mention it last quarter's issue. This was the project's first TFL.
Facts from the following articles appeared on the Main Page's Did you know? section: