Wikipedia:WikiProject Video games/Peer review/Role-playing video game
This is an important article and really should be improved... maybe become a good article or featured article...
- Is the article comprehensive? Is anything missing from this article that we need to cover here?
- Does the article have too much detail about some stuff? Should some sections be trimmed down?
- Is the article accurate? Do any statements look suspect, and in need of good research and discussion?
- Which sections need references the most? Do you know where we might look?
- What is an appropriate way to cover the sub genres (action RPGs, MUDs, tactical RPGs, MMORPGS), considering none of those articles are in good shape either? How long should this section be and what should it say?
Answering those 5 questions will help alot... i'd apreciate more than one response just because the article is too important to be left to one person's opinion... Shooterwalker (talk) 04:01, 19 May 2010 (UTC)
- Note: For accessibility purposes, I added an image to demonstrate some key features of RPGs. Tezero (talk) 21:45, 24 May 2010 (UTC) I added another image to break the prose and demonstrate some overworld, coversation, and stylistic stuff. Tezero (talk) 15:43, 29 May 2010 (UTC)
- Comments: I can see that this is a difficult article to work with, but here are my major concerns:
- Reference 2 ("fundamentals") is used way too many times in the "Characteristics" section.
- The subgenres section should be expanded into subsections for each genre represented, with a "main article" link at the start of each.
- There seems to be a lot of redundancy in the article in terms of typical features of RPGs stated multiple times. You may wish to do some cleanup. Tezero (talk) 15:52, 29 May 2010 (UTC)