Wikipedia:WikiProject Women in Red/Meetup/101
Women in Photography
Starting in January:
|Hello! and welcome to WikiProject Women in Red (WiR), whose objective is to turn red links into blue ones. Our project's scope is women's biographies and women's works, broadly construed. Did you know that, according to WHGI, only 18.10% of the English Wikipedia's biographies are about women? Not impressed? Content gender gap is a form of systemic bias, and this is what WiR addresses. We invite you to participate, whenever you like, in whatever way suits you and your schedule.|
Women in Red warmly welcomes you!
1–31 December 2018
|Use social media to promote our work!|
|Wiki Women in Red|
|December 2018 editathons|
|Add to articles|
|Add to article talk pages|
In December 2018, Women in Red is focusing on photographers and photojournalists. In addition to biographies, articles on the works created, women's photography organizations, and any related developments are of course also welcome.
We hope both inexperienced and seasoned editors will join us in creating biographies and other articles about women in religion, as well as their achievements, writings, organizations, and awards. This virtual editathon allows enthusiasts from around the globe to participate in our initiative. You are of course also welcome to add articles on any other notable women who deserve to be covered.
The main goals of the event are:
- to encourage inexperienced editors and show them how they can contribute to Wikipedia by creating biographies of some of the world's most prominent women
- to draw the attention of more experienced editors to the need for concerted action on a specific area
- to support Wikipedia in combating the systemic bias against the coverage of women and women's works
- to promote the new/improved articles and images through social media (Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter)
- Below, you'll see a section where you can list the articles you create this month, and another section where you can add the images you have uploaded to Commons.
- This essay on creating women's biographies and our Ten Simple Rules might be helpful to newer editors.
- If you tweet about any of the articles, or upload any of the images to Pinterest, please indicate you have done so next to the article name.
A wide variety of redlink lists can be found on our Redlist index. Those relating to photography are listed below:
Add other red links here, if possible with a source:
- Samira Saidi is an Austrian-Ghanaian photographer.
- Delphine Diallo is a French-Senegalese photographer.
- Akua Boatenmaa is a Ghanaian photographer.
- Latifah Iddriss is a Ghanaian photographer and architect.
- Josephine Kuuire is a Ghanaian photographer.
- Natalie Narh is a Ghanaian photographer.
- Jessica Sarkodie is a Ghanaian photographer.
- Delphine Adama Fawundu is a Sierra Leonean photographer.
- Fati Abubakar is a Nigerian photographer.
- Lubabetu Abubakar is a Nigerian photographer.
- Alexis Chiver-Ter Tsegba is a Nigerian photographer.
- Ginikachi Eloka is a Nigerian photographer.
- Yagazie Emezi is a Nigerian photographer.
- Amarachi Nwosu is a Nigerian photographer.
- Eloghosa Osunde is a Nigerian writer and photographer.
- Laylah Amatullah Barrayn is a Senegalese photographer.
- Natasha Nguni is a Zambian photographer.
- Megalibrarygirl (talk) 02:25, 27 November 2018 (UTC)
- Ipigott (talk) 08:33, 27 November 2018 (UTC)
- Penny Richards (talk) 14:21, 27 November 2018 (UTC)
- Krelnik (talk) 14:32, 27 November 2018 (UTC)
- ohmyerica (talk) 14:51, 27 November 2018 (UTC)
- SusunW (talk) 15:15, 27 November 2018 (UTC)
- Victuallers (talk) 11:53, 28 November 2018 (UTC)
- Rosiestep (talk) 23:07, 28 November 2018 (UTC)
- Kenirwin/(talk) 18:35, 30 November 2018 (UTC)
- PamD 20:06, 1 December 2018 (UTC)
- Relic Keeper (talk) 14:29, 4 December 2018 (UTC)
- Lwieck (talk) 03:48, 5 December 2018 (UTC)
Promote our work
- Add FB after the article if you mention it on Facebook
- Add PIN after the article if you pin the image on Pinterest
- Add TW after the article if you tweet it on Twitter
New or upgraded articles
Most recent on top, please, specifying upgraded if not new
- Grace Chandler
- Ida Trotzig
- Constanza Portnoy
- Isabelle Massieu
- Sara Facio, un-redirected and expanded, PIN
- Gioconda Rizzo
- Mabel Cox Surdam - PIN
- Louise Thomsen - PIN
- Hansína Regína Björnsdóttir
- Marie Thomsen
- Mimi Frellsen - PIN
- Marissa Roth
- Margaret L. Bodine = PIN
- Hildegard Rosenthal
- Hella Katz - PIN
- Mathilde Weil - PIN
- Jane Shackleton - PIN
- Timeline of women in photography TW
- Marie Kinnberg
- Mary Jobe Akeley - PIN
- Ashraf os-Saltaneh
- Franziska Möllinger (glad she's finally been "discovered")
- Gail Skoff
- Mary Harrod Northend - PIN
- Ghitta Carell
- Pearl Grace Loehr - PIN
- Nicoline Weywadt - PIN
- Krisanne Johnson
- Blanche Reineke - PIN
- Clara Louise Hagins - PIN
- Mary Carnell - PIN
- Lola Alvarez Bravo - upgrade for GA nom
- Maybelle Goodlander - PIN
- Florence Maynard - PIN
- Carolyn Mendelsohn
- Gail Rubin
Did You Know features
- Mary Jobe Akeley on February 10, 2019