From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- This page is an internal Wikipedia page on relations with Wikinews; for the Wikipedia encyclopedia article on Wikinews, see Wikinews.
- For using Wikinews as a source, see
- Relevant Wikipedia policy: Wikipedia:Verifiability#Self-published sources
- For guidance for Wikipedians looking to contribute to Wikinews, see the Wikinews page Wikinews:For Wikipedians
- Transwiki to Wikinews:
- As noted at Wikipedia:Template messages/Sister projects#Wikinews, "Moving pages to Wikinews is not possible, for legal reasons. Copying material to Wikinews would relicense it under the CC-By license, which is incompatible with CC-By-SA and GFDL. However Wikinews articles can be moved to Wikipedia."
- Although both CC-By-SA and CC-By are Creative Commons licenses with similar intent, CC-By is a more liberal license, as it is only concerned with ensuring that the original content (correctly attributed) remains free. CC-By-SA requires that derivatives built upon the original work also remain free. CC-By-SA material cannot be relicensed to CC-By since the freedom of derivative works is not required. Contrarily, derivatives of CC-By material can be relicensed under CC-By-SA so long as attribution is supplied for the original.