Work on Asian art topics and receive a Metropolitan Museum of Art postcard and prizes!
Work on Travel in Russia topics and receive a Vodohod river cruise 2018 in Russia! Submit articles →
In a nutshell: Create new articles relating to Asia (people, places, culture, etc.), 3,000 bytes and 300 words minimum, with sources, during November 2017. Lists do not qualify.
- The article is newly created by you (i.e. not expanding stubs) between November 1, 2017 0:00 and November 30, 2017 23:59 (UTC).
- The article should be at least 3,000 bytes and at least 300 words in length. (exclude Infobox, template etc.)
- The article must fulfill the notability criteria.
- The article must have decent references; doubtful or controversial statements in the article should be verifiable by the citation(s) listed in that article.
- The article must not be purely machine translated and should be properly copyedited.
- There must be no major issues with the article (no copyright violations, questions of notability, etc.)
- The article should not be a list.
- Exception: Creating a list that becomes a featured list counts. (Only applies in Wikipedias that have featured lists.)
- The article should be informative.
- The article should be about any topic concerning an Asian country.
- Articles submitted by an organizer need to be checked by other organizers.
- Judge(s) from each language Wikipedia will determine whether an article is accepted or not for their language Wikipedia's contest.
- When you create 4 articles that fulfill the above rules, you will receive a WAM postcard from one of the Asian communities.
- Wikipedia Asian Ambassadors will receive a signed certificate from Asian Affiliates, and an additional postcard. See the Q&A for more information.
You can sign up any time through the month of November.
Contributed to the English Wikipedia for Asian Month? Submit your contributions through the Fountain tool.
If you are having trouble submitting to Fountain, please report your problem at the event's talk page and try again later. If you are still having problems, you can report your contributions here.