The Buckeye Edit-A-Thon, now over.
Welcome to the Buckeye Edit-A-Thon! This is a new event taking place at Ohio State that brings students together to learn about and contribute to Wikipedia.
An edit-a-thon is an event where editors get together, focus on a specific topic, and start editing. The focus of the Buckeye Edit-A-Thon will be to get Ohio State students into Wikipedia and improve articles related to Columbus and Ohio State.
The first part of the event will be a presentation on Wikipedia and an introduction aimed towards new editors, who are welcome and encouraged to join! Most attendees will have never edited Wikipedia before. We'll then begin working together on improving Columbus and Ohio State-related articles. The goal will be for everyone to walk away with a better understanding of Wikipedia, the confidence and ability to edit, and having been able to contribute to the improvement of actual articles.
Plenty of food (Jimmy John's!), chips, and drinks will be provided, along with vegetarian options. All participants will also walk away with a small goody-bag. If you're planning on attending, please take a few seconds to RSVP. This event is brought to you by Ohio State Students' Activity Fees.
We've created a list of articles that need expansion, cleanup, and sources. A lot of these are great places to start, especially for new editors.
- Date: September 8
- Time: 5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
- Location: Thompson Library Rooms 150A/B
- Food and drink will be provided!
- Please bring a laptop you can access the web from. Let us know if you can't.
- RSVP here!
- Total turnout: 15
- Attendees who have never edited: 6
- Articles edited: 19
- Articles created: 2
- Number of edits to articles: 67
- "The Wikipedia Connection provided a great atmosphere for learning and editing Wikipedia!" Thomas1617 (talk) 22:13, 8 September 2015 (UTC)
- "I had a great time collaboratively editing and I would love to attend more events like this in the future!" Rimmel.Edits Talk 17:39, 10 September 2015 (UTC)