Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2007-08-06/Technology report
Bugs, Repairs, and Internal Operational News
This is a summary of recent technology and site configuration changes that affect the English Wikipedia. Note that not all changes described here are live as of press time; the English Wikipedia is currently running version 1.31.0-wmf.12 (5056cef), and changes with a version number higher than that will not yet be active.
- It's now possible to create a redirect by using the URL-encoded version of the page name (e.g. #REDIRECT [[Wikipedia:Wikipedia%20Signpost]]). (This form worked in links before, but not in redirects.) (r24505, bug 10683)
- The 'undo' link now always undoes the right revision (it previously failed in some cases when the diff view was accessed using diff=0 in the URL). (r24596, bug 10805)
- Links to blocked users' talk pages now appear in block log messages and Special:Ipblocklist. (r24612, bug 10655)
- The 'Upload file' link in the sidebar was changed to point to Wikipedia:Upload (the 'file upload wizard') rather than Special:Upload on the English Wikipedia.
- Internationalisation has been continuing as normal; help is always appreciated! See m:Localization statistics for how complete the translations of languages you know are, and post any updates to bugzilla.