Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2007-08-13/Technology report
Bugs, Repairs, and Internal Operational News
This is a summary of recent technology and site configuration changes that affect the English Wikipedia. Note that not all changes described here are live as of press time; the English Wikipedia is currently running version 1.32.0-wmf.8 (53a4a6c), and changes to the software with a version number higher than that will not yet be active.
- The raw watchlist display ('View raw watchlist') now updates correctly when the watchlist is changed from that screen, rather than requiring a reload of the page. (r24732, bug 10880)
- An error where the OR operator returned incorrect results in the search box was fixed. (bug 10873; this turned out to be a configuration issue rather than a bug in the software, and so didn't require any software changes to fix)
- There was a server outage at about 14:50 UTC on Saturday 11 August; User:Brion VIBBER wrote this explanation of what happened.
- Information on the user who made a deleted revision is now available more easily to administrators who are viewing that revision. (r24707, bug 10832)
- Some database schema changes are currently underway; once they are completed, the most immediate effect will be to speed up renames of users by bureaucrats, but they will also help with future image-related code changes.
- Internationalisation has been continuing as normal; help is always appreciated! See m:Localization statistics for how complete the translations of languages you know are, and post any updates to bugzilla.