Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2007-11-19/Arbitration report
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Report on Lengthy Litigation
The Arbitration Committee accepted one new case this week, and closed two cases.
- Sadi Carnot: A case involving alleged POV-pushing by Sadi Carnot, and alleged wheel-warring by Physchim62. As a result of the case, Sadi Carnot was banned for one year, and the other parties encouraged to "move forward from this unfortunate incident with a spirit of mutual understanding and forgiveness".
- Stefanomencarelli: A case involving alleged copyright violations by Stefanomencarelli, for which he was banned from the Italian Wikipedia. Problems are also caused by Stefanomencarelli's lack of fluency in English. Stefanomencarelli denies the allegations. As a result of the case, Stefanomencarelli was banned for one year.
- Macedonia: A case involving a dispute between editors from Greece and from the Republic of Macedonia over the use of "Macedonia" in Wikipedia.
- Eyrian: A case involving checkuser-confirmed sockpuppetry by admin Eyrian.
- Asgardian-Tenebrae: A case involving conflict between Asgardian and Tenebrae.
- Ferrylodge: A case involving a community ban of Ferrylodge on the now-defunct Community sanction noticeboard, but which User:B has, in accordance with Wikipedia:Community ban, stated that he is willing to overturn. Kirill Lokshin has proposed remedies, generally with the support of four arbitrators, disapproving the ban, but restricting Ferrylodge's editing and instructing him not to interact with Bishonen or KillerChihuahua.
Motion to close
- Railpage Australia: A case involving alleged disruptive editing and sockpuppetry on Railpage Australia. If closed, Tezza1 would be banned for one year.
- Martinphi-ScienceApologist: A case involving alleged POV-pushing and incivility on pseudoscience-related articles. If closed, the editing of Martinphi and ScienceApologist would be restricted, and ScienceApologist limited to one account.
|Also this week:|
|(← Previous Arbitration report)||Signpost archives||(Next Arbitration report→)|