Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2007-11-26/Arbitration report
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Report on Lengthy Litigation
The arbitration committee opened five cases this week, and closed two cases.
- Railpage Australia: A case involving alleged disruptive editing and sockpuppetry on Railpage Australia. As a result of the case, Tezza1 was banned for one year.
- Martinphi-ScienceApologist: A case involving alleged POV-pushing and incivility on pseudoscience-related articles. As a result of the case, the editing of Martinphi and ScienceApologist was restricted, and ScienceApologist limited to one account.
- Durova and Jehochman: A case involving the actions of Durova and Jehochman, and in particular a controversial block by Durova of !! as a sockpuppet, based on evidence she refused to reveal on-wiki, saying that she was concerned that to do so could give puppetmasters too much information on her investigative techniques. This evidence was provided to some administrators, and was later leaked, with some users, including the Arbitration Committee, arguing that the evidence was insufficient for blocking !!. Durova has resigned her adminship, and, in what appears to be an exceptionally quick resolution of the case, remedies have been proposed, admonishing Durova to exercise greater care when issuing blocks, admonishing all participants to act with proper decorum, and noting that Durova must go through normal channels to regain adminship.
- Privatemusings: A case involving alleged sockpuppetry and BLP violations by Privatemusings. Remedies limiting Privatemusings to one account, prohibiting him from editing biographies of living persons, and banning him for either three months or one year have the support of five to seven arbitrators.
- Anonimu: A case involving alleged revert warring and incivility by Anonimu, who has not yet commented in the case. Some others also allege that Sceptre, who brought the case has stalked Anonimu.
- Episodes and characters: A case involving alleged misconduct with regard to the notability of episodes and characters from television series.
- Winter Soldier 2: A case involving alleged misconduct on Winter Soldier-related articles.
- Macedonia: A case involving a dispute between editors from Greece and from the Republic of Macedonia over the use of "Macedonia" in Wikipedia. Remedies have been proposed with the support of four arbitrators permitting sanctions to be imposed by any uninvolved administrator.
- Asgardian-Tenebrae: A case involving conflict between Asgardian and Tenebrae. A remedy restricting Asgardian's editing has the support of three arbitrators.
- Ferrylodge: A case involving a community ban of Ferrylodge on the now-defunct Community sanction noticeboard, but which User:B has, in accordance with Wikipedia:Community ban, stated that he is willing to overturn. Kirill Lokshin has proposed remedies, with the support of five to eight arbitrators, disapproving the ban, but restricting Ferrylodge's editing and instructing him not to interact with Bishonen or KillerChihuahua.
Motion to close
- Eyrian: A case involving checkuser-confirmed sockpuppetry by admin Eyrian. If closed, Eyrian would be desysopped, and banned until he explains himself to the committee.
|Also this week: