Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2008-08-18/Technology report
Bugs, Repairs, and Internal Operational News
This is a summary of recent technology and site configuration changes that affect the English Wikipedia. Note that not all changes described here are necessarily live as of press time; the English Wikipedia is currently running version 1.28.0-wmf.20 (3b2ecce), and changes to the software with a version number higher than that will not yet be active. Configuration changes and changes to interface messages, however, become active immediately.
- The whitespace on Special:Contributions now displays correctly in Opera. (r39194, bug 15127)
- The access key alt-shift-i for 'minor edit' on Firefox 3 now works correctly. (r39287, bug 14757)
- The layout of Special:Allpages is no longer disrupted by pages with very long names. (r39515, bug 15186)
- Special:Listusers now accepts a username instead of or as well as a group name; for instance, Special:Listusers/Ais523 (note the capital A) is now a valid link, to accompany the existing syntax Special:Listusers/sysop (r39269, bug 15146). The same changes were also made to links to Special:Log (e.g. Special:Log/Ais523 now works) (r39518, bug 15194).
- Special:ProtectedPages can now be used to list only cascading protections. (r39290, bug 15141)
\Omicronare now valid syntax for omicron in <math> tags. (r39593, bug 13856)
- Internationalisation has been continuing as normal; help is always appreciated! See mw:Localisation statistics for how complete the translations of languages you know are, and post any updates to bugzilla or use Betawiki.
|Also this week: