Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2008-09-08/Arbitration report
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Report on Lengthy Litigation
The Arbitration Committee opened two cases over the last fortnight, leaving five currently open.
- Piotrus 2: A second case involving alleged edit warring and other misconduct by Piotrus and other editors. Piotrus denies the allegations against him, and suggests that the case may be a deliberate attempt to drive him from the site.
- Sarah Palin protection wheel war: A case involving wheel warring on the Sarah Palin article, over a dispute as to the merits of page protection being applied in respect of it.
- SlimVirgin-Lar: A case brought by Thatcher, asking the committee to review the use of checkuser by Lar, in the light of comments by SlimVirgin (here, inter alia), alleging that he misused the tool. Evidence is to be submitted privately to the committee by e-mail, and voting will presumably occur privately as well.
- C68-FM-SV: A case involving disputes between Cla68, FeloniousMonk, SlimVirgin, JzG, and others. Newyorkbrad has proposed a lengthy decision, most of which has the support of four arbitrators, which sets out a number of principles and findings of fact, and instructs the parties to review and abide by them, giving a number of prohibited courses of conduct by way of example.
- Alastair Haines: A case involving Alastair Haines and other users. Remedies imposing editing restrictions on him, as well as on Ilkali and LisaLiel, have the support of five to six arbitrators.
|Also this week: