Bugs, Repairs, and Internal Operational News
This is a summary of recent technology and site configuration changes that affect the English Wikipedia. Please note that some bug fixes or new features described below have not yet gone live as of press time; the English Wikipedia is currently running version 1.31.0-wmf.17 (d8c8c31), and changes to the software with a version number higher than that will not yet be active. Configuration changes and changes to interface messages, however, become active immediately.
- action=purge now works for image/file pages. (r49151, bug 18311)
- When block log entries are suppressed (with hideuser), these entries no longer appear in recent changes. (r49222, bug 18346)
- The suppression log now displays in the user interface language (specified in preferences), rather than the content language. (r49378, bug 18361)
- Uploading files with single quotes in their names is now allowed. (r49051, bug 18263)
- When doing a search using Internet Explorer, when one hits enter in a text field, it performed a "go" search, which finds an exact match rather than return a search results page. This bug is fixed. (r47840, bug 17161)
- Wikimedia Deutschland is offering short term contracts for a number of projects, including the evaluation of flagged revisions on the German Wikipedia, rewrite of CatScan, storing interwiki links in the database, improving the Gadgets extension, and implementing full support for TIFF files.