Image filter; HotCat; Syntax highlighting; and more
Current discussions on the English Wikipedia include:
- Adding broad topic box to main page
- A new section on the main page has been suggested to encourage editing of more topics. This box would contain broad topics that may persuade a reader to become an editor. Some argue that this will not serve the purpose that it was intended to serve.
- Personal Image Filter
- An image filter that lets users toggle images on and off is being proposed. So far users have supported the idea but have yet to agree upon a way of achieving it.
- Main page redesign
- A competition has begun to find a better alternative to the current main page, which was last redesigned in March 2006.
- Enable HotCat for all
- HotCat has been suggested to be turned on for all users to aid in the process of categorizing Wikipedia. Arguments against the proposal include the lack of double check feature and no way for administrators to remove it from someone that abuses that feature.
- Simplify the edit window
- Due to upcoming changes, the editing interface is being revamped, your input is welcomed in deciding in how to edit and move elements on the screen.
- Turning on the Memento Extension
- The Memento extension makes it easier to access the historical version of articles.
- Wording for Requested Moves policy
- Clarification is requested for wording in regards to the Requested Moves policy and Article Titles.
- Categorization of persons
- Should biographies be further categorized to include genetic and cultural heritage, faith or sexual orientation?
- Syntax highlighting
- A discussion of different forms of highlighting has been started to find out what should be highlighted and if it should be enabled by default.
- City population templates
- Do the city population templates add value to articles and should they include images?
What do you think of The Signpost
? Share your feedback.