Image policy and guidelines; resysopping policy
Current discussions on the English Wikipedia include:
- Concise Wikipedia
- A concise version of Wikipedia has been proposed, where articles would be up to 500 words in length and contain only the important facts. This was suggested to help the readability of Wikipedia.
- Article rating at top of article
- To help users verify if the content of an article is reliable, it was suggested to add ratings to the article so a reader can see how others find the article before reading it.
- Language sidebar change
- It was proposed that the language sidebar be changed to show the Simple English Wikipedia at the top of the list instead of its current location.
- Section headings for navboxes
- The sentence, "Navigation templates located at the bottom of articles may be given a section heading such as "Related information", although the use of such headings has not yet been widely adopted," is under review. Should navboxes in articles have their own section headings?
- Non-notable album mergings
- The policy that "Album articles with little more than a track listing may be more appropriately merged into the artist's main article or discography article, space permitting" is under review. Redirection is used more often than merging.
- Image policy and guidelines
- An update to the image guidelines is under review. The image upload policy and image use guideline would be updated to reflect changes.
- Resysopping policy
- A change to the policy of resysopping former administrators is under discussion. This discussion hopes to clear up cases of when to resysop admins and when they should go through the request process again.
- Copying within Wikipedia guideline to policy
- Copying within Wikipedia is currently a guideline. A discussion has been opened to turn it into a policy.
- Flag Manual of Style
- The way flags are used in sporting articles is under review. Should articles be updated to reflect the guideline, or should the guideline be updated?
Want the latest Signpost delivered to your talk page