Wikipedia:Wikipedia Signpost/2013-02-25/Discussion report
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- WebCite proposal
- Link rot is a problem for references on Wikipedia. WebCite is currently used to prevent linkrot by providing archives of the links. However, WebCite will stop accepting links if its fundraising goals aren't met, so concerned editors started a proposal for the Wikimedia Foundation to take over the WebCite service. There is also a suggestion to revive the dormant ArchiveLinks extension.
- Adjusting "Era style" section in MOS:NUM
- An adjustment to the dates and numbers section of the manual of style is under discussion. This adjustment would aim to end the editwarring that occurs due to confusing wording.
- Wikivoyage links
- It was suggested that Wikivoyage links be added to articles about cities and countries. This would be used to increase traffic towards Wikivoyage. While these articles already contain links near the bottom of the article, these articles tend to be long which stops some readers from getting to the bottom of the article.
- R4 Speedy deletion criteria
- This new criterion would include any redirect that points to a non-English page on a different wiki.
Requests for comment
- Request for Adminship reform
- The request for adminship process is currently under discussion. The current round of voting, Round Two, will end a few days early, this Saturday. After that, everyone is invited to attempt to determine what compromise proposal will get the broadest support, based on the results of Round Two. Round Three will be a one-week up-or-down vote on that compromise.
- Recurring items in the news
- Currently there is a notable Recurring items list for the In the news section. This contains a list of pre-approved notable events that would be included in the news section. However, users believe that the list no longer serves its original purpose.
- Community-imposed sanctions
- A request for comment was started to try and come up with a framework for how sanctions imposed by the community are handled.
- It had been suggested to review 3 related categorization guidelines (WP:DEFINING,WP:COP#N and WP:BLPCAT) and to clarify them better and to add links to them.
- Gibraltar-related DYKs
- It has been suggested that the previous restrictions placed on Gibraltar-related DYKs be lifted.