Chickenz are the most common type of poultry in the world, clucking in at about 19 billion. In contrast, there are only 7.5 billion people alive right now. This comes to about 2.5 chickens per human, clearly we are outnumbered. We should be concerned. Since perhaps only knowledgeable Wikipedians know this now, many editors have already developed Alektorophobia. Signs of unrest continue to come in. Much of the anger coming from hens, capons, chicks and roosters is associated with the Wikipedia articles which cast them as buffons and simpletons. These include:
- Chicken eyeglasses – Tiny spectacles for chicks, to stop them from seeing red.
- Spooky stories – that roosters tell their chicks.
- Exploitation of chickens – Humans disrupt the development of very young chickens and then hide them under the bushes in the backyard. After this, they try to blame a rabbit for the crime. Deceiving little children is part of this ritual.
- Chicken Dance, Chicken (dance) – There is a huge difference.
- Chicken gun – Valuable for the mitigation of damage from bird strikes. The chicken carcass must be thawed first, though.
- Chicken hypnotism – Have you ever wanted to hypnotize a chicken? If not, why not?
- Foghorn Leghorn – "That's a joke, ah say, that's a joke, son."
- Egghead – Never thought Uncle Foghorn was funny.
- Chicken or the egg – Which came first? Leave comments below.
- Blame the chickens – Chickens initial and feeble attempt to annihilate humans.
- Chicken sexer – A person who has been specially trained to determine the gender of chicken hatchlings.
- Chicken Powered Nuclear Bomb – A British project to lay nuclear mines in West Germany during the Cold War
- Empathy in chickens – Have some empathy when eating crunchy little tykes.
- Hollywood Freeway chickens – A colony of feral chickens that have been living underneath a highway off-ramp since 1970.
- Mike the Headless Chicken – A rooster that lived for 18 months with its head cut off.
- Tastes like chicken – But baked, grilled, or fried?
- Chicken and duck blood soup – Heads and feet included.
- Ernie the Giant Chicken – TV chicken of fame.
- Cannibalism in poultry See: tastes like chicken.
- Henny Penny – A chicken's contribution to the English language and the idiom indicating a hysterical or mistaken belief that disaster is imminent.
- The Little Red Hen – the first female entre-hen-neur.
- What is the Primary postulate – the answer to this is the bedrock for all western philosophy.
- UN's Food and Agriculture Organisation reported in the Economist: .
- "FAOSTAT: Production_LivestockPrimary_E_All_Data". Food and Agriculture Organization. 2014. Retrieved 14 March 2017.
- "World Population Prospects – Population Division – United Nations". esa.un.org. Retrieved 2016-09-15.
- 19/7.5 = 2.5
- This article only exists as a redirect to the fear of birds. The fear of chickens has yet to be described on wikipedia.
- "Rooster attacks, fatally wounds 2-yr-old boy – Times of India".
- "Psychotic rooster attacks defenceless girl in garden in dramatic and hilarious video". 25 November 2016.
- Boult, Adam (28 December 2016). "Trump rooster statue erected in China" – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- "Rooster attacks, pecks kid to death". 5 August 2014.
- EndPlay (20 November 2014). "Oviedo rooster cooped up after attacking town postmaster".
- "Cock-a-doodle-don't: Ocean Springs rooster attacked toddler, mother says".
- Short, Daniel (10 August 2017). "Roosters expose TAC Cup players".